Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
    nice meeting you the other day
    You too man. Pretty cool running into the display there. Had been awhile since I was on here. I had no idea you guys were gonna be there haha
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Originally posted by lordofthemanor View Post
      Do you have to go thru any rapids or Knoxville Falls for the Brunswick to Point of Rock float? Dangerous for a relatively new kayaker?
      No falls or rapids on that stretch of river. There are only a handfull of areas where the water is actually turbulent.
      Digital Livewell

Comment

Thanks. I will definitely try that section of the Upper Potomac this year. After your reply, I remembered that Knoxville Falls is above Brunswick....not below it.

Comment

yakken121212

I too would be interested in the Monocacy drift; let me know.
          Many times on the Monocacy, the water level isn't adequate for peddle yaks.

Comment

Great fishing in Monocacy, I fished it last year for first time. Caught plenty of smallies.

Comment

Thought I would add my 2c since I finally found a thread with some locals taking fishing in my area. I grew up in the walkersville area but have since moved to Boonsboro. Started kayak fishing a few years ago and I went from fishing a few times a month to fishing a few times a week. Having a yak has opened up a whole new world of fishing the rivers around frederick and washington counties.

The best local float Ive done was on the Potomac from dam 4 to Taylors landing. Outstanding fishing below the dam and then all the way down river. Caught countless smalls, crappie and 3 walleye. Hit a nice deep hole and pulled 7 cats out. If you haven't done this rout yet....put it on your list.

Comment

My favorite spot on the Potomac!

Comment

I live in Westminster but the Potomac is probably, for me, the closest for fishing smallmouth.
                  If you need a float buddy PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by yakken121212 View Post
                    I live in Westminster but the Potomac is probably, for me, the closest for fishing smallmouth.
                    If you need a float buddy PM me!
                    Sounds good yakken. Most likely a weekend day type trek instead of an evening after work thing....I'll look forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X