Reel weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
    Next thing you know I'll be having fire sales like Redfish.
    I am at the ready to make a purchase....

Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
      I have a Gloomis Greenwater rod and I am looking to get a new reel for it.
      I have an Okuma Salina SAF30 in the box, never used that I can let go for $65 shipped.

Ernie
      Last edited by Kiko; 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Haha thanks Bob! What are you looking for Ernie? You would think I am giving up fishing if you saw all the stuff I am bringing tomorrow!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Dang ........ it DOES have both handles ......... I also don't think this box was even opened ........... let me know tonight ......... if anybody else is interested let me know tonight in case C-Hawk doesn't want it ........

Dang ..... the other 1's didn't have the power handle and the other handle ........
          Last edited by Memory Maker; 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
            Haha thanks Bob! What are you looking for Ernie? You would think I am giving up fishing if you saw all the stuff I am bringing tomorrow!
            I don't need anything....and neither does Bob but we always get stuff. I am coming over tomorrow for the morning.....I don't have to be at NoVA CCA banquet until 4:30.

Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              Dang ........ it DOES have both handles ......... I also don't think this box was even opened ........... let me know tonight ......... if anybody else is interested let me know tonight in case C-Hawk doesn't want it ........

Dang ..... the other 1's didn't have the power handle and the other handle ........
              I thought it came with a power handle, but I checked and it looks like it doesn't. Does it have blue trim with 7.1 gear ratio? Anyway, I'm interested. See you tomorrow.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                Ernie gave up saltwater trolling a few years back and I got 2 big boxes of trophy lures. I beat the urge to buy his rods, mostly because I had just got the cobra.

BTW... Memory Maker's reel is spoken for.

Comment

Capt C Hawk just called and said he's taking it ......... so i guess my decision is made ........ thanks Capt.

Sorry Tufnik ........ and no it is not the Revo 3 .......... I have 1 .....

Comment

hmmm, this thread got a tad off topic.
                    sigpic

Comment

Definitely interested in the Lamiglas rod- if you decide to sell it- pm me-
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                        Ya think? We just didn't want to start a new roll of paper

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                          Lol I'd say! I just logged in and thought "wow 26 replies wonder what else has been suggested" oh well I did get some good info. carry on.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

sorrrrryyyyy ........... guess I hijacked it ........ my bad ........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              sorrrrryyyyy ........... guess I hijacked it ........ my bad ........
                              Lol it's all good

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                                Lol it's all good
                                So are you any better off now? You have a high end rod, but you don't need a high end reel to go on it. Everyone has a favorite as you can tell. Where you plan on using the outfit, and how much line you think you'll need to spool give you a starting point as to size. From there do what was sugested earlier and go to Bass Pro. head for the reel counter and see what you like then ask someone there to let you put it on a rod. If you find a keeper you can get mono spooled on it right there. If it's a higher priced reel the line is free. I have lots of different brands and mostly use Shimano Spirex. I like that they center the line for the next cast and have a bail trigger making casting a 1 hand process. The Garcia reve reels, both spinning and casting are as smooth as a babies behind and cost 3 or 4 times what you'll pay for a spirex. There are lots of choices in between and some for a lot more. Hope you find one you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X