Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just messing around with some lures..

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I been fooling around with my airbrush, figured I'd show you guys a few crankbaits I have sprayed, hopefully all the photos attach.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

look great! thanks for the pics
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I'm looking into spraying big 7-8" crankbaits to troll with for rockfish this year. But we will see how that goes.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
        Thanks, I'm looking into spraying big 7-8" crankbaits to troll with for rockfish this year. But we will see how that goes.
        Just my two cents, stick with 4-6" lures. I learned my lesson. I was using really large lures for the spring catch and release and nothin'! And I fished hard. I changed lures and fished the same way, and I caught tons of fish. It is true that big lures catch big fish, but small lures catch all fish. I found if I went under 4" I'd catch tons of sub 18" rock but few larger. If you get tired of catching 30" rock, then give the large lures a try...which honestly, I may do at some point to keep learning. ...just sharing my experience, but if you can catch them on the big stuff, I am all ears. I just was not as successful.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Thanks for the info, I also ordered 4-5" lures for trolling fresh water deep fish or whatever really. Ill do a few patterns of whatever mix it up see what happens. Right now I'm spraying 2.5-3.5" baits for fresh water because I do alot of bass fishing. Looking into a cheaper alternAtive than paying 7-20$ per lure lol. I enjoy doing it too.
          Jason

Comment

Have fun...the lures look nice

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sprayed a bluegill, shad, and crawdad today. Crawfish was kinda hard to do, maybe ill think of a need Easier pattern to spray..
              Jason

Comment

Those look great. So are you using liquid acrylic paint? Do you put some sort of clear coat on them to help protect the finish?

I've got an air brush and have been meaning to experiment on a few of my old crank baits.

I've had a lot of success in the reservoirs near my home using fire tiger painted lures, so I'm thinking I'll give that color pattern a try.

Comment

The paints are all water based, and the clear coat I use is 20min clear epoxy. Devcon is the name brand all the other brands have an amber tint or yellow tint to it. I noticed pearl colors work pretty well so after I spray my pattern I've been dusting them over with pearl. I can't wait till spring to use them.
                  Jason

Comment

image.jpg
                    I think this fire tiger pattern will do some damage in the spring. I think I'm going to make this my official fire tiger pattern.
                    Jason

Comment

Looks great! I like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X