No announcement yet.

Lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked them up from the Target in Largo. In the flashlight section which was an aisle over from camping gear.

Don't waste your time...they were a failure.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Just ordered the Tektite 4 LED from their website. I have LOTS of AA Rechargables that I use with my metal detector so I wont have to buy anything else other than some PVC to get the light raised.

Comment

KayakN

Go with at least 4 feet for the PVC, maybe higher. It will all depend on your torso length and how big your head is. Grady-Black made some real nice ones of himself and I, but after our first night trip we realized that the pvc was too short and our head covered the lights. So it was great if you saw us from the back... but we easily lost each other when we were facing one another! LOL

MYT

Comment

We covered this awhile back and people chimed in with some good ideas then as well. I've been using the nano-spotter dive light and I have zero complaints. I need to see how visible I am to a boat, but it's bright enough to cast a halo around me that I can see enough to tie on a lure, so I feel like it's pretty bright.

I also recommend adding reflective tape to the light pole and your boat, it really helps.

http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...ighlight=light
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
            KayakN

Go with at least 4 feet for the PVC, maybe higher. It will all depend on your torso length and how big your head is. Grady-Black made some real nice ones of himself and I, but after our first night trip we realized that the pvc was too short and our head covered the lights. So it was great if you saw us from the back... but we easily lost each other when we were facing one another! LOL

MYT

thanks for the tip and I will cut the PVC accordingly

Comment

Working...
            X