hemmingways,Oct.8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hemmingways,Oct.8th

Can't go with the fellas to the M&G, leash doesn't stretch that far.Anyway took the kayak out at 3:00 pm,windy,choppy with strong currents what a combo.Wasn't going to spend time catching spot so started jigging the pilings with bucktails no hits.Water was also murky, I was using a Chartrues head white feather bucktail/twister tail.Saw some birds in the distance headed over there but couldn't get a hit.Sun started to set so I trolled a croc spoon and got a hit 12" striper.Changed my lure to a Rappala sinking and Wam hooked a fiesty 18" striper.Maybe time to start trolling.Another beautiful day on the bay not a cloud in the sky.

Hey, you've got to love trolling with crankbaits. Just a crankbait, no lead and no added terminal tackle. I generally do well with shad raps and X-raps this time of year, deep divers. I would be interested in what type Rapala you were using. In the spring I go with the larger 15, 20 and 30 saltwater series. The trolling bite has picked up in the South River area also.

Thanks for the report and good luck.

Comment

Actually was thinking about how well you did on your last post as I decided to tie on the rapala(Rapala LC long casting 5" in hot pink).I also trolled a deep diving bomber co20 for a while with no hits.Its really cool because the fish slam the lures hard when you troll them.I tried for those 20" blues but no luck.

Comment

rigging

When you say no terminal tackle. Are you using braid and do you tie direct to the braid? Or do you tie on a mono leader? Swivel between braid and mono? Do you ever use a teaser?

Comment

Working...
        X