Oct. 9th M&G help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. 9th M&G help

I cleared my schedule and I'm in. I got a site 057 reserved, but for Fri only. If any of you guys have room for an extra tent on Sat it will be appreciated. I assume there will be cancellations on Sat though.
    I need to buy a lot of sh*t. Tent, camping gear, etc. And rods/reels and tackle for what ever we are fishing for that would require anything other than my striper rigs (7' med. spinning outfits).
    I'm happy to buy the stuff, I just need to know what to get. What are we going to target? My tackle selection is pretty much bass assasins and a few cast masters, maybe a buck tail or two. I'm thinking a decent 10' (?) surf rod. I have a good spinning reel for it. Top/bottom rigs, pyramid weights, sand spikes poppers, get bait down there. What about tog? Is there a spot to go after them on the yaks or is it jetty fishing? What size rod is recommended? I know the terminal tackle for them. What other terminal gear is recommended for the trip? Is the water/temp going to require waders?
    -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

Hey Jimbo, Don't forget the kitchen sink :-)

Here is a post of some of the tackle we will be using, maybe someone can chime in on the camping stuff, I'm sleeping in a bed!

http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...read.php?t=505

GB

Comment

jimbo, im just bringing my tent and sleeping bag maybe a lantren only planning to sleep in the tent the rest of the time will be fishing, plenty of places to eat close by its not the wilderness have plenty of room on my site for sat. no need to get another if you dont want to.

8-10' rod will do most fish will be in the wash most of the time. top/ bottom and fish finder rigs also mullet rigs work best for the surf also bucktails with squid or pork rind work for flounder in the surf

Comment

Picked up a tent, 10' surf rod and a butt load of terminal tackle, I think I'll have a chance.
        I'm not sure when I'm going to get there. It's going to depend on when I can leave work. I'm hoping to get there and set up the tent before dark.
        -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
        Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
        Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

Working...
        X