No announcement yet.

Failed Transducer install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the reviews i read on this stuff it will not dissolve in water. I went out for a couple hours on Saturday and it worked great. I did put some water in the hull to test it and it held up so far.

I had to increase the intensity of the FF a bit over the Goop install. The readings were clear. I was still able to see my line dropping from the surface to the bottom and marked individual fish close to the bottom.

Looks like a winner but i will continue to test it and report the finding back to the board.

Comment

how in the world did I miss this thread!? I totally would've used the putty! If my install is inadequate, I now have my plan B
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I used the putty install and it seems to have worked well. Install was very quick and solid. I have only been able to use it 1 time and unfortunatly, I do not know how to read a fish finder so I used it mostly for finding changes in depth. The next time I went out, it wouldn't turn on. I tore it apart and checked connections, tested the batteries and nothing. Then I swapped all the batteries and it worked. I was an IT guy and instead of starting with the simplest check I went straight to thinking the wires were bad. Oh well. Live and learn. I'll be fishing around point lookoout this weekend but via boat. I would like to hear any feedback from others who have used the putty install to see how it has been been working for them. Thanks and good luck to everyone getting out on the water this weekend.

Comment

Results of the putty install after 3 trips has been great. It is still holding fast and the readings are great. It has been wet and dried back out. The putty is still flexible and looks to be a good option for installation. I will keep updating this thread if anything changes with the putty.

Comment

Working...
          X