X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP M&G Strategies

Ok, so I’m bringing:

Jigs & Bucktails w/BA’s and Gulp Alive
    Chincoteaque Flounder Rigs (from Capt Steve’s)
    BW, FBBW, Squid, and frozen Spot (maybe catch a few live ones there)
    Oh yeah and a couple of Woody’s Glo-Jig/Spinners!
    Hoping to catch some Flounder but will be happy with whatever is biting!
    I’m also bringing my surf gear, some of us are getting together Friday to fish the surf.

So what are the rest of you bringing and how are you going to fish the M&G at CHSP?

GB

Don't forget some tog rigs and extra sinkers.

Man i wish i was going to this one

Comment

About the same, plus all my surf gear as well, lots of fish finder rigs for that.

Comment

Im bringing just about everything I own now that I think about it lol
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I think I will go out in the yak early Friday, if I am comfortable with the area, I wouldn't be against going out after dark in the Kayak. I heard that there is a large surf fishing tourny going on, but I will stay open to surf fishing and fishing the pier. Whatever people are doing. Gulps and jigs and bucktails for flounder, might grab finger mullet or bunker or other fresh bait locally or on the way..

Comment

for the kayak ive got some handmade flounder rigs, jigs with gulp, might pick up some minnies at henlopen bait (little yellow bait shop on rt 9 east side of RT1) they have some of the beat minnows in the area also sand fleas for tog. for the surf fresh finger mullet and salted surf clams and bws.

IDK why no one uses porkrind any more for flounder, ive got some 8" uncle joshs that i use with bucktails and they work well and tough as shoe leather!

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
              IDK why no one uses porkrind any more
              Old Fart :-)

GB

Comment

yes grey hair is growing in my ears but i keep it trimmed. you got room to talk you better take your Geritol so you can pull in those monster spot this weekend

Comment

I've been studying the nautical chart for the area. Are there any targets that we are gonna specifically shoot for?

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12214.shtml

Comment

Metro,

With props to TJ for posting it somewhere earlier take a look at this one: http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12216.shtml

There's some great looking structure. There's a long breakwater on the inside of the point. And take a look at that 50' hole at the eastern end!!

Might be a long way to the point but that looks pretty good, too. We've got an incoming tide. It would be awesome to drift that point!

Comment

sweet!

Comment

the wall is good that 50' hole is a hot spot if not crowded. the whole end of the pier is closed to foot fisherman so its a kayak fishing magnet and some drops farther out. im going to mostly target flounder and strippers around the pier also some big croakers are in the area

Comment

Working...
                        X