9/30/12 middle bay report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/30/12 middle bay report

we fished on the boat today. left the dock at 7 and went to an area and caught 60 spot in 45 minutes. ( i hope they are there next weekend because i love livelining way more than trolling). then we headed over to the eastern shore somewhere in between the bay bridge and poplar island and we saw the screen lit up so i dropped the anchor. i hooked a spot on my rod and my dads and his had a 1ounce weight and mine had none. well the fish had lock jaw or something because they wouldnt hit. the school stayed under us all day long. after a while we started catching rocks in the 17-17 3/4 inch range and still no keepers. then the blues came and and we hooked over 20 and only got 4 because of bitten of hooks or they would just bite the spot in half. i jigged a bucktail when it was slow and caught 16-17 inch fish for fun. i could see over 10 fish swarm by the boat. at one point for some weird reason the breakers erupted right by the boat and i could see massive school of 15-25 inch stirpers but none would hit. finally we caught a 19 inch one. we ended the day with 4 blues from 18-21 inches and one 19 inch rock. it was the best marks ive ever seen on the screen and they stayed under us all day but they just would not hit. we have limited out very easily when there was less marks on the screen than today so i don't know what happened.
    Attached Files
Working...
X