Chesapeake Beach MD - Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Beach MD - Again

Needed convenient again so ended up at Chesapeake Beach MD. Fished the inlet that produced a mix of small rockfish, reds, perch, etc. Paddled up to Holland Point. Worked the 5- 10ft. drop. The bite was decent with a mess of dinks, mids, a few keepers to 20”. Also had reds to 16", a number of small flounder, perch etc. Not much in the way of bluefish. Son caught one 16” there the other day but that’s been it.

Attached Files
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

nice going fishtank. how do you like your stealth14? i have the 12, but we are really outnumbered on here.
    Keith
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

This is my second Stealth 14. Also had the X-Factor a few years back. Seems that each year they make modest modifications to the Stealth. Waiting to see if there are any improvements to the 2013 offering. If so, I’ll get another. I find it to be an outstanding kayak for how I like to fish. Standing is easy; plenty of space to get things out of the way; decent overall layout. This model has issues, but the positives definitely outweigh them.
      Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
      Predator 13

Comment

Nice Tim.
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
          This is my second Stealth 14. Also had the X-Factor a few years back. Seems that each year they make modest modifications to the Stealth. Waiting to see if there are any improvements to the 2013 offering. If so, I’ll get another. I find it to be an outstanding kayak for how I like to fish. Standing is easy; plenty of space to get things out of the way; decent overall layout. This model has issues, but the positives definitely outweigh them.
          Yes I envy your yak.....i'd like a lighter color though. Sounds like a fun day at CB. I can never tell where to fish there...all that shallow water ;looks the same
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Fishtank: I spoke to you when you were packing up your Stealth on Sunday (tall indian guy asking you and your wife about your Stealth kayak and how you did). Nice talking to you.

I haven't kayaked out in the Chesapeake Beach/North Beach area yet but was out there with a friend on his boat. We really don't know what we were doing but caught spot on blood worms and cut them up as bait and caught some blues, skate, and toadfish by bottomfishing. Also caught some undersize croakers on the bloodworms. No stripers. I wish I knew how to find fish better.

Planning to hit the Occoquan or Mattawoman next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Financeguru View Post
              Fishtank: I spoke to you when you were packing up your Stealth on Sunday (tall indian guy asking you and your wife about your Stealth kayak and how you did). Nice talking to you.

I haven't kayaked out in the Chesapeake Beach/North Beach area yet but was out there with a friend on his boat. We really don't know what we were doing but caught spot on blood worms and cut them up as bait and caught some blues, skate, and toadfish by bottomfishing. Also caught some undersize croakers on the bloodworms. No stripers. I wish I knew how to find fish better.

Planning to hit the Occoquan or Mattawoman next weekend.

Financeguru, pleasure meeting you. We throw 3"-4" swimming Gulps along the inside and outside end of the north jetty. Have to go through a number of dinks /mids but do get the occasional larger rock. Reds to 16" and better are commom along with perch.Crab pots offshore a 1/2 mile or so (String runs north. You will see there is bit of a drop off there) We troll /jig our way up a couple miles to Holland Point. (Put in at Rose Haven if you don't want to paddle up there). There we fish depth changes, bottom structure, beds etc. We snag enough of it! Caught a number of keepers and mess of smaller ones. Plenty of reds there as well, along with microflounder, perch, croaker, etc.
              Attached Files
              Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
              Predator 13

Comment

Working...
              X