Slow bite on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow bite on the Severn

Launched at jonas with good friend Ian at 6am. We picked up a couple small rock trolling right off the bat and I caught a couple redfish of about 14 inches but we managed only 7 keeper white perch above 10 inches between the both of us. I guess we have been spoiled with our previous outings. I wonder if the full moon has the fish feeding at night?

Tony,

Roy and I experienced the same thing Saturday morning launching from Tucker Street at 7:30 AM. We worked our way out of Weems to the river and fished around the RT 50 bridge. We had only caught 2 small perch until 10:30 when the bite seemed to pick up. We worked our way back to the creek and down to the Rowe Blvd bridge before quitting about Noon. Between us we caught about 16 perch with the two biggest being 9 1/2 and 10 inches. It was not the productive day we expected either. About the only surprise was the last fish of the day, a small spot caught at the Rowe Blvd bridge.
    WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Comment

i fished there yesterday morning with russ and shields and a few other guys, 3 other guys left as the bite was slow, we made our way towards the bay bridge and dipped into a creek and the bite turned on for 30 min. We hammered perch, i gave russ 3 over 10 inchs, bunch of 9s and 1 that was 11.5. We both managed a redfish, russ has 15 i had a 16, caught 3 nice rock about 16 inch a piece. I fished deeper, off the shore line in about 6 foot of water, slowing bringing a 1/4 oz spinner bait back along the bottom

once that 30 min window turned off they stopped biting completely again.. But for 30 min every single cast was a fish, it was about 1045-1120 ish..
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Thanks for the report. I've had some of my best days for croaker and redfish around full moons, but I never noticed a pattern with white perch. Yellow perch fishing, however, has been horrible during full moons in my experience.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Moc, nay_sayer, GB and Shield and i fished from clarks landing(GB) benedict(me,moc, nay) greenbury point(shield, keith, me), rumncoke(GB, moc, me) and Neveat(moc, GB, me) in the last 3 days with not a lot happening besides the same small rock and croakers and very slow. got chased off the water early at nevatt due to T-storms but GB managed some keeper wp.

saturday the best action for me was a 23" blue cat. didn't fight much until it came out of the water then it went psycho till i got the gripper in its mouth. romancoke was rough and choppy marked a lot of fish but not much biting, did manage double hookup on 12" stripers and some small croakers

i think either they were feeding at night with the full moon or the weater fronts turned them off

Comment

I fished Weems Creek last Sat afternoon. I caught a lot of medium sized perch. The bright spot of the day was one monster at 12.5" -- my biggest perch in a while.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X