No announcement yet.

Quest for Flounder......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty close. In essence, to make a copy. It's actually an old word. IBM "borrowed" it in the 60's (maybe 70's) and created a program called Data Interfile Transfer, Testing and Operations Utility. Maybe showing my age but back in the ol' mainframe days we used Ditto to make copies of tape and disk files.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      Hmmm... I'm gonna guess it has to do with the early photocopiers. When I was in elementary school, the teachers referred to our handouts as "dittos". I can't remember what "ditto" is short for, though.
      LOL! i remember that! "I didn't get a ditto Ms Holiday." ah, good times

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
      Pretty close. In essence, to make a copy. It's actually an old word. IBM "borrowed" it in the 60's (maybe 70's) and created a program called Data Interfile Transfer, Testing and Operations Utility. Maybe showing my age but back in the ol' mainframe days we used Ditto to make copies of tape and disk files.
      would have never been my guess. thanks for the fact which i will now use at dinner parties
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
        that is showing your age LOL

Comment

What did you guys use to glue inside your hull?
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

i stay away from permanent glues like marine goop and use 100% clear silicone so if i want to change something its not hard to remove and if it comes loose i can re attach easily

Comment

Thanks. I've been thinking about doing something for awhile. I have a rod pod and I don't want to limit being able to stick rods in. I may go with pool noodles parallel to the boat and slice them to hold rods. Should keep larger items from sliding and provide some cushion for the rods to keep them from sliding around in the surf.
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

just put in vac. request for the 29th, going to whatcaprick va to hunt for some flounder. at 17" it shouldnt be too hard to get a keeper. anyone interested?

Comment

Damn surf, I would love to go but I will be in FL for vacation trying to go snook fishing
                  Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                  LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

very nice. my wife like to take vac. in sept.-oct, this year is Key West woohoo end of sept. definitely going to look for kayak rental while there.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                      just put in vac. request for the 29th, going to whatcaprick va to hunt for some flounder. at 17" it shouldnt be too hard to get a keeper. anyone interested?
                      29th of which month, april?
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Count me in..
                        GB

Comment

april 29th, might leave thursday after work and stay in chincoteague or watchapreague. no need to get a Va licence this year just get a Va fin number. OR head to kipto and hunt for some tog and flounder. i think i'll save that for june

Comment

I would join you and GradyBlack, but I believe that is easter weekend and I may be going down to the wife's family that weekend.

Comment

Hey Sam,

You can go to the VMRC site to register without getting a license.

http://www.mrc.state.va.us/FIP/index.shtm
                              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                                I would join you and GradyBlack, but I believe that is easter weekend and I may be going down to the wife's family that weekend.
                                martin. easter is the weekend before on the 24th, dont want you to miss it.

should be fun cant wait

thanks Bill, i got mine way back in january been anticipating this for a long time
                                Last edited by surfdog; 04-15-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X