No announcement yet.

Laborday granslam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if im going to drive 1-2 hours to fish im going to find some where to drown a worm

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      if im going to drive 1-2 hours to fish im going to find some where to drown a worm
      LOL.....I'm actually gonna fish a 12-15 WNW tomorrow tucked up to the Sod to see how this "Windy-Condition" fishing goes
      WURK2FISH

Comment

How'd it go?

I'm trying to gear up for our next Meet & Greet (October 9th at CHSP) and I was wondering what type of rig you use to target Tog? I've never caught one and I hear they are a lot of fun to catch.

I have heard good baits are- fiddlers, blue crab, and clams

I think the rig is a single hook tied in a dropper loop about 12-20 inches above a sizable sinker?

Thanks for the help and if you're looking for a Columbus Day weekend camping/kayaking weekend you guys should come down to the meet and greet!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
          How'd it go?

I'm trying to gear up for our next Meet & Greet (October 9th at CHSP) and I was wondering what type of rig you use to target Tog? I've never caught one and I hear they are a lot of fun to catch.

I have heard good baits are- fiddlers, blue crab, and clams

I think the rig is a single hook tied in a dropper loop about 12-20 inches above a sizable sinker?

Thanks for the help and if you're looking for a Columbus Day weekend camping/kayaking weekend you guys should come down to the meet and greet!

Oh.....it went

The Rig you described will work with 1/0 hooks......we use Jig Heads as well.....Ball-Head with 1/0 and 2/0 Hooks. The Jig Heads worked for the Tog, Sheep and Triggers.

We use Greencrab up here....sometimes fiddlers when we feel like catchin' 'em. Shops up here don't sell them.

I've come across some hooks that are Dynamo.......don't know the name or size.....they came from a friend who got them from Bass Pro Shops.....they're very small and heavy wire....almost like a Live-Bait Hook.........I was out this past Sunday AM across the High and they were nibbling.....so I switched to a dropper with these hooks and small baits.....it was GAME-ON!

The M&G will probably be out for me......my budget after 3)Lay-Off's needs repair

Tight lines and thanks for following up on South Jersey Reports!!!

PS......We're seeing Striper increase up here with Sea-lice on them coming into the Backwaters....and good reports from North Jersey on the Oceanside.....it won't be long and we'll be in full Fall-Run!
          WURK2FISH

Comment

That's awesome man! I'm looking forward to the fall run, just not sure how much of the action I'll get to catch. I think that trip to CHSP will be one of my only shots at tog for the year since they are pretty tough to find in the area of the bay we are in (impossible...). Hopefully there will be some stripers in there as well!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              That's awesome man! I'm looking forward to the fall run, just not sure how much of the action I'll get to catch. I think that trip to CHSP will be one of my only shots at tog for the year since they are pretty tough to find in the area of the bay we are in (impossible...). Hopefully there will be some stripers in there as well!

I wish you well!!!

Our Tog and Striper only get better as it gets colder here in SJ
              WURK2FISH

Comment

Working...
              X