Chesapeake Beach MD 08/19/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Beach MD 08/19/12

My son and I fished Chesapeake Beach by default on Sunday 08/19/12. Intended to fish elsewhere but forecast didn’t look great. On the bay we found school after school of dinks with an occasional bigger fish (They were still short), north of the inlet. You could catch as many of those you wanted. Also fished the inlet jetty (north side) and caught about (25) red drum between us up to 15“. Not many perch but those that were there were decent sized. Tried bottom fishing in 12/15ft. The picture speaks for itself.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishtank; 08-20-2012, 03:24 PM.
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Nice going and thanks for the report. You can both get citations for those reds! (http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...-size-question)
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

It looked pretty nice out there. I've been looking at the jetty on Google Earth for a long time thinking that it would be a good spot for reds. Thanks for the info.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

nice job on those reds, what were you using for them if you dont mind me asking. I was around the corner from you Sunday afternoon in herring bay and I caught only one red on a spinner (woody's in yellow) and 12 keeper perch and a small small flounder. My 12 year old son brought up a 12-3/4 red while I was waiting for a crab cake at the Happy Harbor for lunch. He came up to the window with the fish in his hand. He caught his on a spinner to. Had dinner at Abner's in Chesapeake, I think the crab cake is better there. Been thinking about those jetty's too.

Comment

Thanks Mike, we'll look into it.
          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
          Predator 13

Comment

We'll give Abner's a try next time we're over there. As for the fish, we used Gulp (Alive) 4" swimming mullet (white). 1/4 oz. head. The entire length of the inside north jetty held fish as did a hole just around the outside end.
            Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
            Predator 13

Comment

Glad you were able to make it out Fishtank. Looks like a ton of reds in the area.
              2012 Hobie Revo 13'
              2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                We'll give Abner's a try next time we're over there. As for the fish, we used Gulp (Alive) 4" swimming mullet (white). 1/4 oz. head. The entire length of the inside north jetty held fish as did a hole just around the outside end.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X