Red Citation size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Citation size question

If I am reading right any size red drum in the Chesapeake Bay is a Maryland Citation.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

That is the way I am reading it. As long as it is catch and release.
    Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

That's correct. I have a citation for a 10" redfish. That's the only citation I have.

I thought about sending one in this year just to get into the seafood festival, but it kind of seems too easy this year.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked the current entrants list for the Maryland Fishing Challenge, and there are a good number of redfish entered. Maybe I'll enter one after all...
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
        That's correct. I have a citation for a 10" redfish. That's the only citation I have.

I thought about sending one in this year just to get into the seafood festival, but it kind of seems too easy this year.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked the current entrants list for the Maryland Fishing Challenge, and there are a good number of redfish entered. Maybe I'll enter one after all...
        Regarding the Maryland Fishing Challenge ceremony and drawing, it is scheduled for Sat Sept 8, the same day as the CBKA tournament. You have to show up in person between 7:00 - 10:00 am to show your citation certificate and register for the prize drawing. The ceremony begins at 10:00 am. Because of that event and some other family things that came up since I signed up for the CBKA tournament, I will need to skip the tournament this year. I hope this does not affect too many other CBKA registrants.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          Regarding the Maryland Fishing Challenge ceremony and drawing, it is scheduled for Sat Sept 8, the same day as the CBKA tournament. You have to show up in person between 7:00 - 10:00 am to show your citation certificate and register for the prize drawing. The ceremony begins at 10:00 am. Because of that event and some other family things that came up since I signed up for the CBKA tournament, I will need to skip the tournament this year. I hope this does not affect too many other CBKA registrants.
          You don't have to be there in person, you can sign to have someone go for you. I actually have 3 tickets to the event so my mom is going with some of her friends.

Comment

Oh cool, thanks for the info... maybe I'll get my first citation for the 14" red i caught a few days ago.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

you need to have a pix and measure length and girth. did bother with turning any in this year for a palm size to 12" red i would feel silly and the seafood festival is going down hill more every year. my wife got her first red yesterday in the severn along with her first fish on a spinner a 11.5 blackback wp

Comment

I caught 2 14 inch reds over the weekend only got pics of one but I plan on submitting it for my citation
                Kodi B. from MD/PA
                Fishing from a Malibu Stealth 12 & Native Slayer 12

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                  Oh cool, thanks for the info... maybe I'll get my first citation for the 14" red i caught a few days ago.
                  Out of curiosity what was the girth of your 14"
                  Kodi B. from MD/PA

Comment

Originally posted by KbowersRiverBum View Post
                    Out of curiosity what was the girth of your 14"
                    Uhm... i'm gonna leave that blank and see if they give it to me. I have no clue.
                    Mike S.
                    Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I attempted to email my C&R redfish citation form to Keith Lockwood before going on vacation, we'll see if I have a citation waiting for me at home...
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I thought you had to go into a citation center? The closest one to me is like 30-40 min away. I was unaware you could email it in. Do u have a link or email address you used?
                        Kodi B. from MD/PA

Comment

i think the regular method for C and R citation is to take your pic(s) to a citation center. they review and fill out a little info in their book, rip out a ticket stub with unique number and give to you. you then go online, fill out the online registration/entry form info including the number on your ticket stub. about 2 weeks later, your citation arrives in the mail.
                          Last edited by Southerly; 08-21-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

it took them 6 months to send my citation last year and it was beat to crap in the mail

measured a 11" red yesterday and the girth was 4 and 1/8"

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
                              i think the regular method for C and R citation is to take your pic(s) to a citation center. they review and fill out a little info in their book, rip out a ticket stub with unique number and give to you. you then go online, fill out the online registration/entry form info including the number on your ticket stub. about 2 weeks later, your citation arrives in the mail.
                              followed this exactly and recieved C&R citation 2 weeks later, took 3 weeks for my perch one to come to the house. also, they just sent me a ticket for entry into that festival thing on the 8th

Comment

Working...
                              X