No announcement yet.

October 9th M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Idea what the avg water temps are for there in Oct? I need to look into cold weather gear

Comment

Avg. water temp from Oct 1-15 is 65.

Comment

tog season closed in sept. you can catch them but not keep them, flounder season closes oct. 13

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          tog season closed in sept. you can catch them but not keep them, flounder season closes oct. 13
          checked regs. tog reopens sept 28th

Comment

Hey guys... Monday is Columbus day and I have off. I've been promising the little lady a trip and we planned it for that weekend... Do you think many will have the same plan with it being a holiday? Don't plan around me but I thought I'd ask since we have some time to plan here.

Good luck tomorrow and take lots of pictures! I want to see who has fall bragging rights, or if chuck can hold his title!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

we will discuss this at lunch tomorrow over soft crab sammies and beer

Comment

crud, over a holiday, I'm sure my kids will have soccer tournaments, and with mine that means different locations/states so if that is Columbus day weekend I wont be able to make that one. Oct 25-? bear hunting in MD so that weekend is out too. Good luck to those going tomorrow, I'll be on a dove shoot somewhere on the Eastern shore. May hit IRI sometime between now and then, especially with tog opening back up. Guess I have too many hobbies, I need to be independently wealthy.

Comment

sorry doug, i think people that have off might want to make a long weekend of it, i dont have that one off, but a lot of guys do. its beautifull down there this time of year and the fishing is off the chart.

Comment

Hey fellow yakers, had a great time yesterday and it was nice meeting those that showed up. CHSP sounds good to me I might even try camping that weekend. The seven day license sounds like the best choice being their is only three months left in the season. Hopefully I will have a new kayak by then, it got a little rough in the sit inside on Saturday, told the wife either im getting a new kayak or we have to up the life insurance, she likes the new kayak idea better.
                    Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                    LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

im thinking of camping friday nite and saturday nite depending on the weather. its such a good fishing area i cant pass up the opportunity. checked the web site and camp sites are 32 with water and 30 with out. better to make online reservations.

tucked in what are you thinking of getting?

Comment

maybe for those who cant make a long distance trip could split up and get together closer in the bay, potomac or a lake? i wont be able to make DE as i'm taking care of my mothers dog until mid October. reason why i didnt make it this past weekend as the dogsitter i had backed out last minute.
                        sigpic

Comment

Surfdog,I'm leaning toward the Ocean Kayak Trident 13 or possibly waiting on the 4.7 trident coming out in Oct. And depending on the weather if camping or not.
                          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                            maybe for those who cant make a long distance trip could split up and get together closer in the bay, potomac or a lake? ...
                            This is a good idea. I've got a family event that may prevent me from a long trip that weekend. But I could make something local in the morning! We'll need a volunteer to organize and captain it...

I would suggest something in a tidal area so the reciprocal licenses will work for both MD & VA guys. Wouldn't it be something to have TWO MKF M&G's going on at the same time?!? A local and a travel team!!

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                            .. reason why i didnt make it this past weekend as the dogsitter i had backed out last minute.
                            Bummer they backed out on ya. I understand as we have a dog, too. Logistics are always an issue whenever we want to travel or be away for a long day.

Comment

Tucked in, that looks like a nice ride, 200.00 more and you can get a revolution. i like the replaceable wear plate thats a very good idea.

Good idea for people that cant get away, me im in the middle coast or potomac there both a long drive. im going for a long weekend at the beach before the weather turns to crap

i know with pets things are tougher, we had an old english for 14 years now we watch a dog for my nieces girlfriend on weekends, this week shes been here since wensday while shes in fla on vac.

Comment

@ Tucked in - I got a great deal on my trident 13 from Tom at Appomattox River Co this past April. 2010 non-angler model for $630 including flushmount rod holders he installed. I cut the rod pod out myself (really easy, but scary) and it's been an awesome fishing vessel, a lot better than my first kayak- a redfish 12. You might give him a call and see what kind of deal he can make you. I'm contemplating the upgrade to a hobie and I'll probably be selling either a ride 135 or a tarpon 120 (my dad is using this one) from the fleet. Both have been good kayaks, but I want one my gf can use easier, so I think I'll let her use the hobie when we go out together.
                                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X