OC this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC this weekend

Headed to OC this weekend with the wife and without the yak for a mini vacay. My plan is to fish from the Oceanic pier one night and maybe the inlet another time. Im going to use fish bites on bottom rigs off the pier for spot or whatever else and then chunk the spot for blues. I'll also throw gulp on jigheads and gotcha plug. Any other suggestions? how much weight do you need from the pier? Anyone else going to be OC interested in non-kayak fishing? Any other recommended spots that maybe better. Also, I dont have a pier net, how tough is it to get a keeper flounder all the way up to the pier w/out a net?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Ryan, I have fished the oceanic pier everytime I went on vacation in OC. Live minnows and gulp work the best there for flounder. Usually you need 1/2 to 1 ounce weight. Another good place for flounder would be the bulkhead which is on the bay side 2nd through 4th street. You will need more weight to fish there. Park at Oceanic Motel and they will give you a free pass in tackle shop at Pier. For the bulk head you can park right there by water.
    2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
      I've never fished from the pier and Im just realizing that the Oceanic pier is actually in the inlet and the OC fishing pier is the one in the ocean. Which one is better?
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I actually never fished the OC pier so I couldn't say. I am reading good reports from the Oceanic pier though. this is from their website

"July 29 - Teddy reports continued great flounder fishing with keepers every day. Blue fishing was great one night, but slower much of the week. Same with the shad, some nights are better than others. Some croaker are being caught every day, but we expect a bigger run in August. As always for this time of year, there's plenty of small sea bass for the kids to catch and lots of spot too!"

Comment

Yep, I saw that, I think we will try the Oceanic fishing pier.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

GL Shady. Its always nice to get away, even just for the weekend!
            Hobie Outback
            WS Tarpon
            IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

How did you make out over the Weekend?

Comment

Yes, my wife and I were on the pier for about three hours saturday night. My wife caught a 10" croaker and I caught a couple shad. Not much action for anyone else out there either. It sounded like the best time to fish is at high tide and just after? We didn't quite make it to high tide.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                X