Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for HOW event on Saturday 6/30/12

Need help for Heroes on the Water event Saturday 6/30
    I will need about 6-8 fellow Yak Fisheman 3-4 each at a Joint Forces for Wounded Warriors to be held at the Texas Roadhouse on Mountain Rd in Pasadena and at the VFW Post 160 located at 2597 Dorsey Rd near the Cancun Cantina, in the Harmans/Glen Burnie area. I think there is a Rocket or something like that out front of this place. Its near the State Hwy Administration. This event has the potential of recruiting new members to MKF as well as HOW. I would like to promote the CBKA Tournament as well at both locations. This event is meant to bring attention to all of the resources to the wounded warriors in our area. Heroes on the Water will have a table at both locations with a fully loaded yak and our folks talking about kayak Fishing with a focus on getting our heroes out on the water with HOW and MKF. I think this is an awesome opportunity to let everyone know who and what MKF and HOW is all about. I'm not trying to conjoin both clubs but to let everyone know about the sport that we all know and love. If the leadership folks from MKF want to bring a banner, I have no problem with that. If you all want to just come by and tell folks what you do and talk about our sport, that would be cool as well. We will be there from 9am till about 3pm or so at both locations. To the CBKA folks, Bring some flyers for the Tournament. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Thanks again for all of the help that you guys from MKF have given to HOW. I think its a marriage made for a great purpose that was proven at the flea market last March.
    I really do need some folks there so if you have a little time or all day, PLEASE STOP BY.
    Thank You all again
    Tom
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Thanks to everyone who helped out and or showed up to offer support at the Joint Services event on last Saturday the 30th. I understand that I missed Pinch. Sorry I didn't see ya but I thought I had caught a glimpse of you when you were at the canopy petting the dogs. Anyway thanks to Naysayer, Ed Siegel, Echo5Oscar, Pinch and please forgive me but I can't remember the name of the other gentleman from MKF that was there with the cool plexiglass hatch on his Yak. Again, I am very sorry but I'm getting old and can't remember your name. If I forgot anyone else, Please forgive me, It was a long HOT day and we (despite not having any motorcycles show up because of the weather, they couldn't get out of VA), we had a great day!!! We met a few Disabled Vets from Ft Belvoir, Va and may have made a few conections for future outings. Nonetheless, We spread the word about MKF and Kayak fishing and told everyone who stopped by about Snaggedline and MKF as well as a few folks about the CBKA Tourny to a few fellow yakers. All in all a good Public Education day albeit 100 degrees on the pavement.
    Thanks again to all who helped.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
    X