No announcement yet.

Anyone ever fished Rocky Gap (Lake Habeeb)? Will be there Sat 6/30 in the AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever fished Rocky Gap (Lake Habeeb)? Will be there Sat 6/30 in the AM

It's time for the (seemingly) annual trip up to Rocky Gap State Park and this will be the first time I go with my kayak! Looking forward to it but really have no particular strategy in mind. I'm open for any pointers from those who have fished there before and also open to company on the water this Saturday 6/30 in the AM (probably 7-8am launch).

Thanks to all in advance!
    Hobie Revolution

For Trout, fish sliding floats w/medium shiners, meal/wax worms/maggots colored 1's work too about a foot off the bottom in the deep water by the dam ........ last time I was there there was alot of the tiny crill like shrimp that they gorged on so the small wax/meal worms were the best ........ have to use tiny hooks for the worms .........

Bass - submerged fence row in front of the Hotel swimming area

Smallmouth bass ........ rocks by the dam ......... I lke to use crayfish on sliding float 3 ft off bottom

Crappie sometimes by the foundation arcoss from the campground boat launch

If you are camping ..... cast jitterbugs from shore over any grass bed or drop off from sure ........... always had a blast doing that ......... the bass scare the c@@p out of ya when they nail it .......... use to get alot of hits

Info is years old ...... good luck
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 06-27-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X