Loch Raven 6/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven 6/9

My buddy wanted to go fishing this weekend so we rented a boat and spent the day on Loch Raven Saturday. Water level was still a bit high from the last storm and I am going to guess visibility was 3ft or less. Started fishing at 0630 and got off the water around 1900 in a bright sunshine with a calm morning going to a gusty breeze around 0900. Fished a few different areas but all of our success came from the same type of area, +/- 18 fow at the outside edge of weeds/grass. Ended up catching LM bass, pickerel, yellow perch and 1 white perch and 1 bluegill. Best producer was a live minnow on a jig head hanging below the boat while we cast soft plastics for bass. Most bass came on either a 5 inch senko or 5 inch finesse worm texas rigged and worked slow along the bottom around the hump down by the golf course. Not fast and furious action but steady all day long. Good fishin

Chimo

My buddy and I each with a decent bass.

Last edited by chimo; 06-11-2012, 04:53 PM.

Nice report! You can almost always count on pickerel in the loch for some pullage this time of year. good work on finding some nice bass too.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

thanks for the report. for some years, i used to fish the reservoir couple times a week whenever weather was decent. i probly hiked every fire trail but mostly shore fished from providence rd and warren bridge areas and used to rent the boats too. for rental boats, i liked the cove behind the gun range for lmb, crappie. it's been a long while since i've seen any of those places so it's good to see a report and pix!

Comment

Shady, Definately alot of snake pickeral in there to keep you occupied. Even managed a decent one around 20 inches this trip.

Southerly, used to fish the Loch more when I first moved down here and spent alot of time fishing from shore across from the golf course, Warren road and the point just past the Dulaney Valley Bridge. Got a couple spring crappie spots that can really be on fire Wish I could fish it out of my yak

Comment

Working...
        X