South River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South River

I plan to go out kayak fishing on the South River on Tuesday the 17th. If anyone is interested in going let me know. I'll probably go out late in the afternoon. I'm going to try some bottom fishing, trolling and maybe some live bait fishing, depending on conditions. Should be lots of bottom fish some blues and hopefully some rock. If anyone is interested I can meet you in the parking lot of the West Marine store.

I know I can't make it, but good luck! Make sure you let us know how you did. Where are you going to put in at?
    Jason

Comment

South River

I put in at our community marina in Hillsmere. I usually fish between the #6 and #4 red markers at the mouth of the river, a few times to the lighthouse at Thomas Point. It is usually good fishing there. It has been slow this year for stripers. I think that is mostly due to the heat. Bottom fishing has been great. I have not been out since the blues have shown up. Last fall was a great year. My best day in that area was 23 stripers, with the largest being 27". No fish were undersized that day. I was trolling deep diving X Rap's. It was all within a 200 yard area. I had quite a few 12 and 15 fish days, and a few 5 and 6 fish days. Its just a matter of finding the fish. Thats the fun of it.

Comment

cant do weekdays, let me know when you go on a weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X