Togging the Rock Pile in Cape Henlopen State Park, DE - April 28, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chirotrout,
    It is nice to find a Nova angler in the forum. I will check the web site. I live in chantilly.

BTW, You said you caught tog when fishing for flounder. What was the flounder bait that caught tog?

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I should clarify...the 3 Tog I caught last year were all caught on bloodworms while fishing a back-up rod for croaker. I leave the blood worm baited rod in a rod holder on a weak drag and wait to hear it run while i actively flounder fish.

Hope that helps.

I am actually headed to Lewes this weekend without my family so I will be either fishing or sleeping for the next 48 hours.

If you want to join me I am hitting the flounder hard in the Lewes canal tomorrow morning at 8:30. There is an outgoing tide until 2. Then I will head to the pier and fish some and hit the inlet at night for rockfish when the tide is right.

Repeat on Sunday.

J

Comment

Originally posted by chirotrout View Post
        I should clarify...the 3 Tog I caught last year were all caught on bloodworms while fishing a back-up rod for croaker. I leave the blood worm baited rod in a rod holder on a weak drag and wait to hear it run while i actively flounder fish.

Hope that helps.

I am actually headed to Lewes this weekend without my family so I will be either fishing or sleeping for the next 48 hours.

If you want to join me I am hitting the flounder hard in the Lewes canal tomorrow morning at 8:30. There is an outgoing tide until 2. Then I will head to the pier and fish some and hit the inlet at night for rockfish when the tide is right.

Repeat on Sunday.

J
        J,
        I and others on the forum (I am very sure) really appreciate your generous offer. I hope that your offer is good for one more year (just for me)

I am still in denial stage - “I can still do this on/with a kayak.”

This weekend, starting Friday night, some of NoVa kayak-anglers will hit RI and the Rock Pile. I am planning to fish the Rock Pile in the Saturday morning and the Pier (if I have time in the Saturday afternoon.

By the way, I will be dwelling with “togs caught on bloodworm” for a while, to try to understand togs with tiny brains by using my larger and denser brain (than that of tog).

Thanks,
        Joe
        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-04-2012, 03:36 PM.
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I am going PM you my cell number. Feel free to call or text if you have questions or the bite gets HOT at the Pier.

I called a friend at a local bait shop. He said the water has been very stained and the bite has slowed. Outgoing appears to be better than incoming.

Once I have your number I would be glad to do the same.

I have spent LOTS of time on the water in Lewes and there are some fun places to fish.

Comment

Togs on bws ?!?! Never heard of that before......I wonder if nightcrawlers would work too...lol

Did you get the togs at the mile-long rock pile? At RI? At rock's edge or out in open water near ledges?

BTW, I'll be out there (CHSP) tomorrow morning yak fishing.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The tog were on the ferry jetty that most boats drift on the outgoing tide.

The tog are literally all over the place there as there are TONS of rock piles that you can see...and some you cant. I tried once last season but lost my anchor 10 min into it and gave up shortly after.

I will be in the canal tomorrow mostly because the wind is predicted pretty high 15-18mph. I 15 year old from another forum I am in is going to join me also so I figured it would be easier to navigate in the canal. If it is slow we will drift with the tide and may see you guys at the pier.

If the wind dies down I may fish the pier tonight. Looks like a good moon and nice ripping tide in the early evening.

Hope to see everyone there!

Comment

"...tog are literally all over the place..." Now that gets me psyched. I'm going to have to find these rock piles.

What is the hot bait there for togs? Blue crab? Shrimp? Clams?

When you say "canal," do you mean inside RI? Or along the channel running from the west (near the ferry) parallel to the beach (CHSP) toward the northeast by the tip. There seems to be deep water down to 50' toward the tip.

Comment

I think he's talking about the the canal that runs all the way south to Rehoboth Bay. It's behind roosevelt inlet.

Fishweather.com predicts wins 5-10 till about 2pm so cross your fingers.

Comment

Yes, that's the one I mean, "inside of RI."

Hey, we have what looks like a good back-up place to fish if the open water is too windy. My wx sources say the winds are forecasted at 5-15 mph NE.

Comment

Working...
                    X