Roosevelt Inlet 3/25/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosevelt Inlet 3/25/2012

I decided to head to Deleware late Saturday night and try to find some tog. The weather report was looking iffy but I figured i would try anyway since I have been on the road for work.

I forgot my cart so I decided to try for tog around the rocks at Roosevelt... I had a hard time finding bait, picked up some frozen shrimp which was sadly the best he had and probably from last season. The inlet was not possible in the wind/current. I decided to head out of the inlet to some other rocks. Wind was blowing too hard for that so I decided to troll some. No luck and even with all the fog and wind I could tell the break wall wasnt going to work out so I bailed on tog and headed back into the canal to see if I could luck into an early flounder. Nope. Trolled to one of the bridges and tried shrimp again. Nope. Jigged some bks and then trolled up to another bridge. Nothing doing. Outgoing current picked up and I headed back to the other bridge. Found a few mid 20's stripper on a swim bait and then they disappeared. Packed it up and headed in to see some guys being towed by the Coasties. They caught 1 tog at the icebreakers but by the look of their rigs I do not know that I have the most confidence in their tog skills. Maybe by next weekend they will be in reach.

Here's one-

Last edited by Redfish12; 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

That stinks about the Tog, but a couple strippers are nice so you wern't skunked.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Nice Michael!! Any fish is better than no fish!

Comment

Yeah, good work, in spite of the weather. Thanks for the report.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

If I had more time I definitely would have gone South. Gas sucks though!

Comment

Yeah- I put $30 in my Focus- 7.9 gallons and what really irks me about that- $5.00 of that goes to Goldman Sachs Wall Street Investment Bank for oil speculation- $.59 a gallon pure profit for the Wall Street that do not drill for oil, refine the oil, or transport the oil- they just make money by speculation in oil- drive up the price and make more money-

America produces more oil, uses less and is even exporting gasoline to Europe- yet regardless of how much we are producing- prices go up-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

nice! still a little early for Lewes cannal, some big stripers should be there by the end of the month. under the piers and around the bridges the railroad bridge is good but can have a crazy fast current during a full and new moon

Comment

Here's some video

Comment

Working...
                X