Fountainhead Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fountainhead Park

Had a chance to get out mid morning at Fountainhead Park. Dunked all of my crappie jigs around dead fall a long the shore line and came up empty. I have fished there in the past and never done all that well. Need to spend more time in learning an area of water. Just a good day to be out in the kayak.

With the bad weather coming in tomorrow, i might be heading to Deale, Md. not to fish but partake in the oyster roast the volunteer fire dept puts on every year. Good eats, cost a bit to get in though. I look at it as a donation to the fire dept. with good food being a bonus.

Mango

Sorry to hear about the skunk. I've been hearing mixed reports about Fountainhead lately. I fished it in September with my father and couldn't even manage a sunfish, which was surprising and depressing. I did hear about some nice bass caught between Fountainhead and Bull Run Marina recently, though.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

the same with Burke lake. i hear of fish being caught just not by me. I walk the shoreline asking everyone i see fishing if they have caught anything and no is always the answer. 2 years walking around and inquiring, nada.

Think i am heading back to saltwater, my favorite.

Comment

Burke Lake is super tough to fish from what I hear. Hell I haven't caught any either but then again, I only went like 2 times.

Your best bet will be Pohick Bay or Leesylvania State Park.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
          Your best bet will be Pohick Bay or Leesylvania State Park.
          +1

Haven't ever done diddley at Fountainhead or Burke. Not that I've tried too much but the Potomac is a fish factory.

Comment

sorry to hear that I am not the only one not catching any fish there. I remember Pohick back 20 years in my jetski days, great place, I always thought it would be a good place to dunk a line. Kayaking fits my relaxed state of mind these days and I never look back to the jetski...good ridence.

Thanks for reminding me of the place. I will give it a try-Marty

Comment

Working...
            X