This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome

This link is to introduce all who visit it to the Maryland Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER. First and foremost I must thank the Awesome members of the Maryland Kayak Fishing Forum for all of the assistance in making this Chapter come to reality. For the most part, nearly every member of MKF has offered themselves, their gear or kayaks without any hesitation. The members of MKF are without a doubt, the finest group of fisherman I have ever known!!! Without the help from Grilled Sardine, ( MKF Forum Administrator), This would not have the exposure so needed for the MD HOW Chapter to be where it is. Thank you Mike for giving us this space to help get the word out about the Maryland Chapter of HOW. Our group is based in Allen Texas, with Chapters all around this great nation, and is a grass routes effort to help our nations wounded warriors heal and rehabilitate and reintegrate, simply by getting into a Kayak and going fishing. There is the commeraderie and fellowship that goes along with the outings. This is also a form of healing that all of the men and woman who serve our country deserve and appreciate. We at MD HOW hope to make the great State of Maryland and its world renouned fishery a means of assisting our returning warriors to relax, rehabilitate and just plain and simple have a good time with a fishing rod and a kayak. If you would like to help or be a part of this effort, please feel free to contact folks here on the forum. MedicYaker, nay_sayer, Surfdog or JSeigel. These are the Leadership Team members. We also have several Board of Directors who are spaced throughout various areas of the state. They are also active contributors to the MKF/snaggedline forum. It is the leadership teams' plans to have a Director or assistant in each area of the State of Maryland. Most importantly, If you know of a wounded vet who may be interested in joining us for an outing, feel free to contact via PM the Chapter Director, Medicyaker or any of the Leadership team members listed above and we will get back to you withing a few hours if possible. We do all work and have lives outside of fishing... Hard to believe I know, but I assure you that your responses are important to us. Below is the link to the homepage of HOW and is loaded with information about our group. In the next few days I hope to have a Facebook Page finished just for MD HOW.

http://heroesonthewater.org/home

Thank You
    Tom Brown
    (aka Medicyaker)
    MD HOW Coordinator
    (443) 306-7306
    Last edited by medicyaker; 03-22-2012, 12:22 AM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Nice job putting this together, Tom! Very worthy endeavor. I have 2 kayaks so will pitch in when I can. Good luck with your events.

John

Comment

Thanks John, You are on the list
      Tom Brown
      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

New to the site here but have been with NCKA for 15 years or so, Ive bee to many HOW events in CA. One of the most rewarding things Ive ever done, look forward to helping out here in MD and beyond.

Comment

Working...
        X