BassPro Classic Sale Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BassPro Classic Sale Ad

BassPro has just posted the sale add for the Fishing Classic. I have it posted below.The Enigma reel is on there and I highly recommend that reel. It was designed to reduce backlash. So for all of you that want to use a baitcaster but have had fears of the birdnest or just not sure of how to use a Baitcaster, this is the reel for you and its almost half the price of what it normally is. I refer to this reel as a "Baitcaster on Training wheels" There are a lot of great deals on here. Check it out: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...rsioningid=012
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

I got it in the mail the other day. Seems to have more and better deals than usual. I'm eyeing the BPS deep-cycle 175 battery for my trolling motor, save $25. Also looking at the 4" BA paddletails, my all-time goto lure for the past few years, mostly chart/glit or crystal shad, 20% off.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I got it too, they got 25% off rapala crankbaits and plano waterproof tackle boxes, those are the best deals in my opinion.

Comment

I'm going to use the reel trade-in to get a discount on the Penn Battle. Either the 3000 or the 4000 size. Matt, I think you had said that you got one in the 4000 size. How do you like it?
        Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
          I'm going to use the reel trade-in to get a discount on the Penn Battle. Either the 3000 or the 4000 size. Matt, I think you had said that you got one in the 4000 size. How do you like it?
          Ya I have it in the 3000, I like it a lot!!! you might be able to find a better deal on ebay, I've seen the 3000 model for 79.99 i think and BPS sells it for 99.99

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
            you might be able to find a better deal on ebay,
            Matt is correct. When I received my Bass Pro sale ad last week, I looked at the reel exchange offer on the back page. I was considering a new Shimano Stradic FJ 3000 reel. The reel sells for $179.99 (~$180) at BPS. For reels in that price range, BPS offers a $30 discount when you turn in an old reel. That brings the net price to $150 plus 6% sales tax (I don't know if the tax is on $180 or $150). Plus your time and driving costs to get to BPS should be added to the cost sheet.

I did a quick check on ebay and found several vendors who were selling the same reel with free shipping through the "buy it now" option for $145 (and no tax).

I understand the concept of supporting local businesses, but don't think BPS qualifies as a small, struggling, local outfit. Their approach of offering discounts is a carefully thought-out marketing strategy, and will entice many anglers to buy.

Another alternative is to seek out a local tackle shop and explain the best deal you are able to find on the internet or at BPS and see how close they can come to matching it. They may surprise you.

Finally, if any of you are still interested in doing the reel trade-in option and don't have a low-value reel around the house, I have two old reels that I tried to sell at the Tri-State flea market a few weeks ago for $1 each. I will give those away to anyone who needs a reel for the reel trade in program. But you must pick them up from my house or another mutually acceptable location.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X