Ff ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ff ?

I've been reading the recent post about installing a FF with a "wet" well mounting option. I am thinking about trying that since it sounds pretty straight forward.

My question is since I slide trax on my Ride 135, does anyone know of any options where I could possible mount an arm and lower the transducer over the side? I found a very nice install using an arm in rear of boat but I have a rudder and don't think that will work now.

To those with the "wet" well installs, will the temp readings still work? I am going to just install something simple but would really like to get some temp readings as well as depth.

Thanks in advance,

Don
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Check out yak attack, they did that on one of the pro anglers they modified. Luther (yakattack) is a member on our site too, message him.

Comment

I am presently using a Liberator by Madfrog gear, which is an arm for the transducer. I am mounting to a 4" Gear Trac by YakAttack. That way I can slide it on or off. With the liberator, I will just need to swing the arm up when not in use. You can search Madfrog Gear and YakAttack to see their products. One caveat, make sure you know if your track system uses 1/2" or 5/8" track bolts. If it is Wilderness, it is probably 5/8".

I am in transition, and until I decide on a new depth finder and GPS, I am going with the side arm type set-up. Actually, I kind of like the set up.

Comment

Just remember to put it in a location where you can clear weeds from it. When I mounted the transducer from the rudder, a simple pull and drop on the raise/lower mechanism on the rudder would clear. With the flexible side arm that I have now I can just reach over and clear it, as well as see what's going on.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X