No announcement yet.

Heading your way on tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking about the bay bridge but the Narrows could be a lot more fun. There's great schoolie fishing in there but it's mostly a night game from what I can tell. Spot and Hardhead should be in there thick by the time you come through. If you continue down to the Eastern Bay area, I hear that's a lot better for flounder. There may be a few around the narrows, but I haven't seen too many there.

Either way, it'd be cool to see you come through and possibly fish or paddle around the area with you.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

cool, redfish and anyone i would enjoy meeting y'all while im paddling.
      just dont sneek up on my camp after dark. i can get a little paranoid when some rolls up on me and i cant see them.

Comment

Hey Kevin,
        Will you be filming this trip? Should we expect another DVD?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
          Hey Kevin,
          Will you be filming this trip? Should we expect another DVD?
          oh yea! that the new challenge for me on this tour. i had to install rod holders to hold a camera monopod. i got a ton of long live batteries, and im looking forward to showing what its like out there. the stratigy, the challenges, the mind set, the frighting weather, the fish of the area, the whole game of touring. thats the goal.

Comment

WOW! the MD section of the Bay is awesome!!!
            Got back yesterday
            Here is the track map.

I am working on the tour page and will post up the link when it’s done.
            It was an awesome tour, outstanding scenery, tough weather and paddling challenges, and great fishing.
            On the crossing I took on to much water and had to be towed to Fishermans Island, I did not roll the kayak. I kept it upright so I wouldn’t lose any equipment. Just for the record, I have never rolled. I am 4-1 on the mouth of the bay crossing.
            Shante joined me from Chesapeake beach for the last two weeks.
            On the last day from Grandview the wind forecast changed overnight and we where forced off the water at Buckroe and called it the end because there are no more campsites between there and home.
            I will post up the tour page link when I get it done.

Comment

Glad you made it back home Kevin, looking forward to the trip report and DVD, your videos got me into this sport.

TJ

Comment

Congrats KK....looking forward to the tour page. How was the fishing? Any big catches?
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

thanks guys
                  the biggest fish was a 26 inch striper from the smith point inlet. i caught it from standing on the jetty. i didnt know how to fight a fish from a stationary spot.
                  we had an epic schoolie striper blitz day between parkers creek and cove point.
                  two kids gave me a small spinner at tolchester and it was getting white perch on every cast at every rock pile. i hope those kids get in touch with me because i filmed them giving me the lure and then i was whacking the perch.

Comment

Hey guys
                    I’ve gotten the pictures up from the tour, ill get the stories up soon.
                    tour dvd page

Shante and I will be on the “Catchin’ with Capt Reese” radio show this Saturday morning (Aug 7th) on AM 850 WTAR Call in: 757-627-9827 or toll free 1-800-359-8585
                    The station doesn’t reach up in MD but y’all can listen online. Give us a call.

Listen online at 850AM WTAR

Comment

Awesome trip man, I heard you stopped in at Rod n Reel!! Bummed I wasn't there that day, but all my co-workers were real impressed by your accolades as a kayaker/fisherman!!

Comment

Awesome pictures, Kevin! Definitely looking forward to the DVD. Congrats on your successful tour.

Tell us about your kayaks. I noticed yours has fins on the bow. I presume to reduce splashing. It looks integrated into the hull. Is that a customization for you from OK?

Also, both yours and Shante's bow areas are painted black. I noticed that on some of your other kayaks as well. To reduce glare?

Again, congrats. You've seen more of the Chesapeake in a couple weeks than I have in 10 years!

John

Comment

Awesome pics KK!
                          Hobie Revolution 13
                          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Awesome shots Kevin! I'm looking forward to the new DVD.

Is that an old Manta in the picture? Or did you modify a Prowler 15 to have similar front fins like the old manta had?
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

thanks guys
                              yes my tour boat is an old manta. OK made about 1,000 of them in 2001, they didnt sell that well because of the fin up front. its a great sit-on-top touring kayak.
                              jhon, yes i started painting the bows of my bright boats to cut the glow of the bright green or yellow. so to me its a dark boat but to others it still is a bright boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X