Baltimore WWD's for Stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore WWD's for Stripers

Anybody doing anything at the Baltimore Warm Water Discharges (Brandon shores, Resco, Domino sugar, Beth Steel) recently. A guy showed me a pic of a 30lb class striper he caught at Brandon shores 3rd week in Jan. I've been once and snagged a few shad but no Stripers. Fished 50 degree water. I know we have had a mild winter so there may not be enough difference in temps. There are some accessible areas for yak fishing.

Bay Waters are still to warm I think ....... many reports of good catches in Mid Bay ........ WWD's are good when the water gets really cold ......

Comment

I had 43 degrees at the ramp and 50 degress at the discharge. Probably need temps to be below 40 to turn on. But there is still bait fish at the discharges. so I thinhk its worth fishing.

Comment

tx for the info bobe. welcome to the board! i haven't fished there but i wouldn't give up on it just yet. might just need another couple weeks for spawners to move up in greater numbers. not sure

Comment

Hey bobe - I see you found this site. Good fishing with you yesterday. It's nice to have a backup guy near by during winter months in case anything goes wrong, even if it's nothing more then to notify the next of kin.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I've never fished the wwd there before. I'd be interested to hear how you do there if you go. I guess jigging would be a good option?

welcome aboard.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Jigging works..BKD's Assasins etc. Bring some rattle traps and suspending jerk baits too

HJS likes those assasin paddle tails The stripers are keying in on shad so any shad type lure would work.

Hey..Have you guys seen that Larry Dahlberg sub-surface wide glide lure. looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Welcome Bobe!

I'd be interested in checking out the WWD with you all some time. As for the wideglide, I picked one up from Charkbait last year to try on the flats. The flats got blown out but that thing looks sweeeet in the water. I'm looking forward to trying it this year!
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Anytime..I'll give you a heads up when I go again. I like to have other yak-ers around. Going to get out at least a couple more times this month.

Yup flats were washed out last year. Conowingo was in spill conditons for the entire month of April. never seen it that bad. No way it can be that bad this year.

what color wide glide did you end up getting?

Comment

Sounds good! Just let me know... tomorrow looks too windy?

I got this one - R2S Larry Dahlberg Wide Glide Subsurface 120 - SMALL
                    Pattern 02-black/blue back

I figured it looked the most like a blueback herring.

http://charkbait.com/cs/csc_River2Sea.htm
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

good choice in colors. tomorrow is way to windy.

Forecast-
                      Windy with a few clouds from time to time. High 33F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Yikes! - That would be brutal.

Comment

If I can get away from work. Thinking about going Friday 2/17 at Hanover Street. Just going on the morning..unless they are really hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by bobe View Post
                          If I can get away from work. Thinking about going Friday 2/17 at Hanover Street. Just going on the morning..unless they are really hitting.
                          What time you thinking about going?
                          Mike S.
                          Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Try to get there about 9:00 AM or so

Comment

Anybody in for fishing the WWD's tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                              X