No announcement yet.

Kayak Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link Redfish that looks like a good idea, just dont know how well the backing will hold up in the saltwater. just might give it a go because the price is right.
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

They are cheap and I am sure there is something out there that will bond ok. You could probably slab them over a thin layer of goop. Then when they die you can just peel them off. I think I am going to add one to my footwells. Looks like they may take awhile to come in though.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

ive never seen those at bp. im gonna order 2 of them. looks like a cheap alternative for yak lights
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Yeah gonna get 2 myself
          '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
          '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
          Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

i personally would not use GREEN/RED nav lights as they are not required on kayaks by coast guard. boaters could then think you are a boat under power, thus under the rules of navigation, which would make it difficult for you to get out of the way if THEY had the right away. I would stick with a white "anchored" light and the flash or head lights. basically stick with white.
            sigpic

Comment

Lights

Probably should have mentioned that i use an electric motor. DNR said that i needed to use the red and green as long as i was using any type of power. However, the nrs light comes in an all around white lights, all LED. It could be used anywhere in the kayak. Its not on a pole. It can be mounted anywhere. I have always been skeptical about the use of white light at night, directly in front of you, as it takes away your night vision for short periods of time after the light has been on. Seems as if a headlamp or the type light that fly fisherman use on their vest may be best.

Then again, i am old school, i use a flashlight when night fishing.
              Last edited by DOGFISH; 08-02-2010, 05:55 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Anyone interested to participate in a group buy of these:

http://www.tek-tite.com/src/product_info.php?id=3065

These are the same ones used on visi poles. It will fit inside a 1 1/4" diameter pvc pipe. Made in the USA, too. Just trying to gauge interest. They won't tell me how much of a discount until I tell them how many.

Lemme know if anyone is interested...

Comment

Lights

All white navisafe LED lights from NRS illuminate the entire area of the kayak. They attach by magnet and are easy to remove. There are also optional mounts for the lights. These are like little disk lights, LED and they float. The price is not the best, but they are something to consider. I use the all white and the red/green/white light. There are several settings to use the light in different ways. I could not get the link to work for the NRS web site.

Comment

Working...
                  X