No announcement yet.

JBay 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see MKF was well represent. Congrats on all the nice fish. I'd love to make it up there one year.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

• Cliff here are 2 shots of that last Blue you caught:

Yeah I know, great photography skills! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Grilled View Post
        hopefully, none of those new yookas are reading this forum.

MKF will be banned next year lol
        No, but one misplaced Jersey Boy is! LMAO! Nice meeting everyone this past weekend.

Pinch, congrats on the 2nd place Slam!

Comment

• Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
          Cliff here are 2 shots of that last Blue you caught:
          Yeah I know, great photography skills! LOL
          Thanks for the photos! I really wanted one of this guy, that bite out of his side is nasty. I had a great time fishing with you, Jay and Langston. You three know how to keep the mood upbeat on the water and have a good time.

Bob, it was great to see you and Dillon again! Tell him congratulations from the board on his 2nd place finish. Well done!
          Cliff Williams
          Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

• Originally posted by Grilled View Post
            Pinch vs Inflatable lifevest

I laugh harder each time I watch this. Jack's face is so classic
            Cliff Williams
            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

• Originally posted by Cliff06 View Post
              Thanks for the photos! I really wanted one of this guy, that bite out of his side is nasty. I had a great time fishing with you, Jay and Langston. You three know how to keep the mood upbeat on the water and have a good time.

Bob, it was great to see you and Dillon again! Tell him congratulations from the board on his 2nd place finish. Well done!
              Same here Cliff! We had a great time out there! All the trash talking and even giving you the history of our fish cry... SAMwich!!! LOL We will definitely have to get up for some fishing trips this season!

Comment

Likewise Cliff! Nice bunch of flounder you came in with on Sunday! Kept trying to get Dill to give it a try for a little while, He wanted 1st place bad, and put in a ton of miles trying to get it.....almost did it Saturday evening, but the fish came unbutton boatside!

Comment

• Thanks, the bite out there was great for doormats. I am sure Dillon worked hard, it was quite the grind in during the afternoon hours. I am sure he will be motivated to win next year as well as other tournaments this year. Are you attending the fluke tournament in Point Pleasant NJ?
                  Cliff Williams
                  Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

• Yup, we will be there!

Comment

• Nice fish everyone..... super jealous!!!

I need to get some salt water fishing in, been doing a lot of freshwater stuff trying to compete in the kayak bass fishing.com challenges but it is tough to compete vs TX bass.

Comment

• I'm sorry I am late to the reports, but I really don't have anything to add to what others have said. I had a great time up there. We had good group from here and it was nice to put faces to some members I hadn't meet before. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

As far as the tournament, I didn't do real well. Just some bluefish up to about 30", which were fun to catch at least. Similarly to what others have said, I got away from fishing what I know best and spent too much time experimenting with different lures and in different places.

It was nice to be able to get a some fluke action Saturday afternoon and evening. I started out pulling in sea robin after sea robin, but eventually got a couple keeper fluke. The standard bucktail and gulp got me the fluke rather than other things I tried.

Congratulations Pinch on the slam. I wish I could have fished Sunday and stayed for the award ceremony/meal. Did anyone from here win anything in the raffle? Did the 38 1/2" fish hold up as the biggest fish or did a bigger fish come in?

Comment

Thanks, the bite out there was great for doormats. I am sure Dillon worked hard, it was quite the grind in during the afternoon hours. I am sure he will be motivated to win next year as well as other tournaments this year. Are you attending the fluke tournament in Point Pleasant NJ?
                          Do have the information for the fluke tournament in Point Pleasant. Depending upon when it is, I'd be interested in fishing it.

Comment

• Here's the link to the Elks page, I think they have it posted on Facebook. I'll find the other link

http://www.pointpleasantelks.org/fluke.html

Here's the registration link...

http://eastcoastkayakfishing.com/ind...e-registration
                            Last edited by Mullet Miller; 05-24-2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post
                              Here's the link to the Elks page, I think they have it posted on Facebook. I'll find the other link

http://www.pointpleasantelks.org/fluke.html

Here's the registration link...

http://eastcoastkayakfishing.com/ind...e-registration
                              Thanks for posting the links, just registered.

Comment

• I miss these days. This map is actually pretty good looking back on it after 10 years of fishing up there!
                                Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                                Here's the map I was talking about. We should try to camp in the grass area to the right as you come in. We blocked some spots last year using our cars and kayaks and it worked out well. If you all get up there before me please box out!

I also tried to highlight some good fishing spots I am aware of. Most of the fish I have caught there have been near the ruffle bar. Just find the channel and troll up and down to where it intersects the other channels and you will find some fish. The other places highlighted are spots to check out on the charts, I think they should produce as well.

Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X