Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you getting (Kayak wise) for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you getting (Kayak wise) for Christmas?

I am getting a Grey and Red Hobie inflatable PFD from ACK- what are you getting?
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Shimano trevala s rod and a hobie cart.

I lost my hobie cart at HRBT couple months ago so I built one out of PVC and it snapped in half first time using it in the sand at cbbt. Didn't even make it to the water! Lol

What I really really want is the evolve motor. Might break down and get one. Decisions decisions......
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

GoPro Hero2.

Comment

I really want the Humminbird 798 side imaging unit....I think it would cause me to catch less fish as a result of watching the screen the whole time

It's hard for me to pull the trigger on it without seeing one in action first.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Well Santa(me) is getting a new kayak seat! I need something with more back support. Now what the wife is getting me??? God only knows, I asked for a seat in the rod building class mudhole is having in Jan or Feb.

Comment

I got a set of Thule Aero Blades + towers and pads for transporting my kayak.

Also got a Daiwa Luna 253 for my birthday, which was earlier this month. It's spooled up with 20lb powerpro...can't wait to use it =)
            Sun Fishin'

Comment

I am looking for a dry top to wear in the winter over my chest waders. I generally don't paddle far or in big water during the winter, but I would feel a bit better prepared by having some coldwater protection.

I have a large and tall body that does not fit into standard sized garments very well. Therefore, I am hesitant to order a top sight unseen over the internet. I have visited 4 shops in the Annapolis area that carry kayaks and accessories -- none of them have an XL dry top in stock that I can try on.

If any of you have an unused XL dry top that you are willing to part with, let me know. Or if you know of any reasonably local shops that have an XL dry top in stock, please let me know that too.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Im getting a new kayak and new car rack . I am doing away with the foam blocks. They were good while they lasted.
                Last edited by Foursteps24; 12-16-2011, 09:16 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

Comment

Nothing for my kayak per se, but I did ask for a Powell baitcasting rod for jigging since tacklewarehouse.com had them on sale. I'm still searching for a rod to overcome my hand-deafness. My Carrot Stix spinning rod works pretty well, but I still want a baitcasting rod.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I am planning on getting a pickup truck in 2012- just not for Christmas- I have the Yakima tower and Land Sharks cradles on my Ford Focus- best thing I did was get the roofmount- nope, while a big improvement over the foam blocks, that's not exactly true-the best thing I did in 2011 was getting my Outback Mirage- that has given me a totally different prespective on Kayak fishing-

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                      Nothing for my kayak per se, but I did ask for a Powell baitcasting rod for jigging since tacklewarehouse.com had them on sale. I'm still searching for a rod to overcome my hand-deafness. My Carrot Stix spinning rod works pretty well, but I still want a baitcasting rod.
                      Bill- I love my two Blair Wiggins Flats Blue baitcastiing rods- they are light, tough, sensitive and strong- moderately priced, too- $99 per

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                        Shimano trevala s rod and a hobie cart.

I lost my hobie cart at HRBT couple months ago so I built one out of PVC and it snapped in half first time using it in the sand at cbbt. Didn't even make it to the water! Lol

What I really really want is the evolve motor. Might break down and get one. Decisions decisions......
                        You won't regret it...
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

As far as I know Im getting a Yak attack panfish mount and who knows what else
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Just bought another yak, the Ocean Kayak prowler trident 13 that foursteps was selling, up graded the seat on my tarpon 140, new profile tuna stopper boat rod for my penn 6/0, and who knows what else, I'll find out on the 25th
                            '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                            '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                            Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

I didn't ask for much. But I am getting the components needed to complete the build of my lithium battery for my Torque. If I get money and/or gift cards, I'll look into getting into the realm of baitcasters...

I definitely need/want a better PFD as well.
                              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                              X