Kipto 12/9: Lost my Togginity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVSC63M 6' 3' 1 40 - 60 lbs 135g M Med-Fast

This is the model I just bought. spinning version. I like it a lot. Doesn't look like it can handle all the weight, but it's strong!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
      Now I gotta find a reel for it!
      Light rod... get a light reel. Something under 16 ounces. Check out the Calcuttas... the 200B is like 10 oz with 11Lbs of drag... not bad. It's what I have on my 63ML and it feels really great. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the small double handle. I prefer a single big one. I'm gonna try to switch it out for a Tekota single handle and see if that works.

On the 63M, you may want a heavier action reel to go with the 40-60Lb braid the rod is rated for. Be advised that the reel seat on the 63ML S grip is a bit small and, for example, will not fit the default Avet SX rod mount (you can order a slimmer rod mount from Avet though). not sure about the 63M's seat.
      Last edited by chex; 12-27-2011, 06:30 PM.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Just got a Calcutta 200B for Christmas, and that's what I plan to put on the S grip (ML or M). Think I should go for the M, Chex? Going to hang a couple ounces for bottom fishing as well as 1-2 ounce jigs for jigging.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          Just got a Calcutta 200B for Christmas, and that's what I plan to put on the S grip (ML or M). Think I should go for the M, Chex? Going to hang a couple ounces for bottom fishing as well as 1-2 ounce jigs for jigging.
          I think a 200B might be light for the M. The ML is rated for 40-50 lb braid, so it's already a pretty stiff (yet sensitive) rod. Also rated for a 110g jig which is just under 4 oz, so I'd go with the ML. The 63 ML + Calcutta 200B is really a nice combo, I think you'll like it. Really light and well balanced. Feels like a sword. But please don't take my word for it. Take your reel into BPS and try it out for yourself... You may think otherwise.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
          X