TOGZILLA vs. THE BASTARDLY BUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOGZILLA vs. THE BASTARDLY BUCK

Yes. This is the story about the one. Finally.
    But there's a problem.

http://www.angling-addict.com/2011/1...rdly-buck.html

Very nice fish. Sucks about the ride, but it could have been worse.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Dang Rob... sucks about the ride... But at least you got that citation!!! WTG man! Glad your ok.

Comment

Excellent work on the tog, Rob. I've been waiting for this report. Way to maximize your only chance, too. Sorry to hear about your car, though, and I'm glad that you're OK. I don't know how to field dress I deer, either, but I've got a couple buddies set on speed dial in case I ever hit one.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Excellent work on the Tog and sorry to hear about your car. If you ever hit another deer (hopefully not), the easiest part of meat to take off pretty quickly are the backstraps. Just make an incision all the way down the spine and pull the skin away from this area. On either side of the spine are two long sort of ropes of meat basically going the entire length of the deer. Just cut those out. This is the best meat on the deer anyways...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I told on the other site that I would mount the horn on my truck after eating a fresh tenderloin.

True story - My friend hit a head of a bambi with his Tacoma. After carefully checking out the bambi, he got the permission to harvest the deer (to pay for the damage) immediately. I ate the steak and the steak was real good.

joe
            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Congrats on Togzilla! I can only imagine the exhilaration you felt. (Hey, my head feels warm. I think you just gave me Togzilla fever )

Yeah, bum luck with the deer/car. If I knew what to do, I probably would have taken some meat too. I may now even take the backstraps Ryan mentioned.
              Last edited by tufnik; 12-07-2011, 05:29 PM.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Nice tog, Rob- congratulations on the catch- sorry about your car- been there done that- barely missed having a deer hood ornament December 4th coming home from kayaking fishing Piney Point- slammed on my brakes and swerved off the road and just missed a big deer-had my Outback on the roof- thank goodness the tiedowns held-
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                  X