No announcement yet.

Kipto and Rudee 12/3/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good in the fight. Did you mod the rod?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

nope.....

http://www.basspro.com/Shimano-Treva...t/97245/104979

i got the 6'6 medium. its super sensitive. awesome rod for the price. this winter i want to get the split grip one.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

It that that the Trevala S that has the split grip? It's a lighter rod, and I like light rods.

I was looking for a shorter (than my 7') and stouter rod for togs and jigging without giving up sensitivity. If the Trevala S is lighter than the Trevala, it may be my ticket for a Christmas present.

How does it troll?

Comment

yeah...the trevala s is the split grip one. its probably one of the lightest rods ive ever picked up. if you look at pinch's tog video, thats the rod he uses. lots of those va guys use those rods for jigging.

never trolled the S model as i dont own one yet, but ive trolled up to 3oz with the one i have with no problems. i wouldnt troll anything heavier than that, they are sensitive rods and not really meant for trolling
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

For 6' 6", the specs on the S (2 oz, 10-20#) seem lighter than the Trevala (up to 7 oz, 30-80#). I wonder if they have totally different action.

Comment

Working...
            X