No announcement yet.

Kipto and Rudee 12/3/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's much easier to control the line with a conventional reel because you can stop the spool as soon as you hit bottom. With a spinning reel you dump more line and you would get hung up more I would think. It's also easier to let line out, especially if you use a baitcaster since you can do it all with one hand.

I can't go again this season but maybe next year we can get a m&g to DE going in April for tog. I have at least two extra rods that work well for tog in case someone needs a loaner.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nice work, gents, and great video, Joe. I winced when Won lost that fish, but it looked like the tog were on fire that day.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
        maybe next year we can get a m&g to DE going in April for tog.
        I second that.
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

I'm going this weekend, but I am eyeing the weather... I dunno if I will be doing Friday or Saturday. You guys used blue crab for bait? And what size hooks? I need to start working on my rigs!

Comment

Thanks Michael .......... I'll definitely be taking tog rigs this weekend. Any hints on what to look for when finding the tog on around the ships?

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
              I'm going this weekend, but I am eyeing the weather... I dunno if I will be doing Friday or Saturday. You guys used blue crab for bait? And what size hooks? I need to start working on my rigs!
              Hook Size 04 and sinker cane be 3-4oz at kipto. in case of strong current bring 4oz and 5oz

The following two video have everything you need. You will probably get the timing of feeling a quick double taps and setting hook.

Nov 19, 2011

Apr 09, 2011

joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Speck Fishing in Rudee Dec 3, 2011

This was my second attempt and Michael's first attempt to catch a keeper Speck in Rudee Inlet. We want to know what water temp the specks in Rudee stop biting.

Regardless the catch, I keep logs for the future reference.
                Video Log in Rudee:
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Great job on the togs! It's so much more fun when you fish with friends and everyone catches something. Looks like you guys had a blast. Lucky for the first timer too, and he really enjoyed the trip.
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

here's another short vid of this weekend

Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

not sure why i cant get that video to embed but here is a link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNVPMvpUMU
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Thanks Joe! Just ordered my hooks... now I gotta get to BPS to get my BPS muskie rod!

Comment

Wow!!! Joe,

That was a great day, a day I will remember and treasure. Thank you!!!
                          And thank you for putting me on a spot light! haha

Won
                          2012 Red Outback
                          2015 Blue Outback

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                            Thanks Joe! Just ordered my hooks... now I gotta get to BPS to get my BPS muskie rod!
                            You can buy both Gamagotsu and Owen hooks at the BassPro. Gamagotsu hooks are little cheaper, and the 25pk Gamagotsu envelop is much cheaper that a smaller pk envelop. I use Gamagotsu and the point never gets dull at all

Also,

The distance between the sinker and the hook can be 0-9". I think 4 -8" is good for both Kipto and CBBT.

What I am saying is that no Tog took the bait that were placed 16" above the sinker in my experience.

I have limited data on this. Someone will give you the better assessment on the bait placement on the rig.

Comment

Another good video. GS, what kind of rod and reel did you use?
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

^ shimano trevela paired up with a curado 300ej
                                Hobie Revolution 13
                                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                                X