James River Bridge Saturday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James River Bridge Saturday Night

A buddy and myself are heading out to the James River Bridge in Newport News Saturday night around 1900. Been hearing that the striper bite is on and they've been catching some nice specs out there. So just wanted to throw out an invite to anyone who would like to come.

-- Perry
    12' Kingfish
    21' 1996 Sea-Pro 210WA "Perry's Pride"
    Blackfin Outlaw Anglers

We're planning to go to Rudee or HRBT Saturday evening. If the bite is on at JRB, I and others may head that way.

Could you give us directions? Where is the launch point?

Do you fish the pilings? Middle of the river?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Here's the address: 6701 River Rd, Newport News, VA 23607

Get off the Mercury Blvd exit (263A) US Rt. 258 South and follow it about 3 or 4 miles and you'll run straight into the bridge. Make a right at the light right before the bridge and you'll see the signs for the ramp. Its right after you make the turn at the light. The ramp is right next to the bridge so its easy access and a short paddle.

We fish the pilings all from the pier to the middle of the bridge. Drop Gulp Jerk Shads on 1 oz. jig heads down to the bottom close to the pilings, with a relativity slow retrieve giving it hard jerks every now and then on the way up.

Shoot me a text, 224-723-7426 and I can answer any questions you have and plus you'll have my number If you and your crew decide to come out.

-- Perry
      12' Kingfish
      Blackfin Outlaw Anglers

Comment

Just before the bridge, it looks like you turn right on Riverpark Rd, drive past the sandy beach area, and drive to the trailer parking lot.

I like the nice short yak trip to the pilings. Specks and striper, yes! Know if togs are there?

Does it have bridge lights so we can fish the light line?

Thanks!
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I dont think the Togs are there and yes, there are plenty of lights on the bridge so fishing the light line wont be a problem.

It's only about a 200 yard paddle to the pilings.

Hope to see you guys out there!

-- Perry
          12' Kingfish
          Blackfin Outlaw Anglers

Comment

Working...
          X