No announcement yet.

Recording your fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Panfish mini with mighty mount on mine, I've yet to use my Kodak Playsport on it, But I've been looking into the Go PRo as well.

Comment

Just got an add from TIGERDIRECT.COM this morning for the Contour 1300 HD 1080P

Looks like a pretty good deal for $99 w/rebate
      Doesnt have all the bells and whistles of other cameras but a whole lot cheaper.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...951&CatId=4451

Anyone have any opinions on this camera?
      Im thinking about ordering one.
      Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 11-16-2011, 03:54 AM.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I have the GoPro Hero mounted on the Sunfish YakAttack mount as well as a hand held Fujifilm XP 10 waterproof digital- I have the short YakAttack "Hero" Sunfish mount as well so that I can have both cameras solidly mounted, but I usually carry the Fuji in my PFD for quick shots- I haven't figured out how to edit all the miles of video I have taken with the GOPro Hero, but I have some terrific video from it- just a lot of boring ass peddling and paddling, too. I use a Apple MacBook Pro laptop so I have to find a decent video editing software and learn how to use it-

I have the IPone 4 S with the Lifeproof case and could use that as well.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

When I mount the camera on the yak, I will be using this:
          http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...era-Mount.html

When I want to have two POV for my vids, the Iphone will be mounted using this:
          http://www.hatcams.com/hatcam_products.html
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

And just my opinion, 1080p is overrated. Don't let that weigh your decisions too much. 720p with 60fps is sufficient....unless you're making production DVDs to be shown on a big screen.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I'm with Metro on this I have my GoPro set on the 720 DPI setting and its video is HD crystal clear on a 42 inch high rez screen- Look at using the YakAttack products- he is local (Virginia) and supports our forum with lots of things as well as being a super nice kayak fisherman-I can not say enough good things about the Panfish (Sunfish) camera mount using the Mighty Mount system- stong light weight graphite construction on the camera mount- a friction rotation system built in the mount that lets you pan the camera up to 360 degrees while securely mounted and it comes in two sizes- a short, stubby
              "Hero" mount or a tall, over-the-shoulder mount (I got both and love them).

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                And just my opinion, 1080p is overrated. Don't let that weigh your decisions too much. 720p with 60fps is sufficient....unless you're making production DVDs to be shown on a big screen.
                Agreed, 720 is just fine. Also, many of these point and shoot camera does not really take 1080p video. They interpolate 720p to 1080p......

Comment

If anyone is interested in buying the PIO.HD here's the code to buy it off their site:

POVHD_100

http://www.vio-pov.com/products-all/pov-hd.html

Comment

Im between the Drift 170 HD Stealth or the Go Pro HD Hero 2. I think the biggest benefit of the Drift is the remote but the biggest benefit of the the GoPro is that it has the waterproof case. You can buy a waterproof case for the Drift, but it doesnt seem to be very good...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                      Im between the Drift 170 HD Stealth or the Go Pro HD Hero 2. I think the biggest benefit of the Drift is the remote but the biggest benefit of the the GoPro is that it has the waterproof case. You can buy a waterproof case for the Drift, but it doesnt seem to be very good...
                      ..... but the Vio Pov is the best of all worlds ....... waterproof, shock proof, adjustable, will preserve video of events AFTER they happen, longest recording time, highest quality video (DVD or HD), LCD you can actually see while recording at a distance from the camera, and a remote .........

And not that much more than the Hero once you add all of the extras ...... and cheaper for a used DVD quality

Comment

Actually, for my needs I think the GoPro 960 will be a good fit and at only $150 its a lot less than the Vio. Cameras like the Hero 2 and Vio are probably overkill for me...
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Im picking up the go-pro 960 with the ram mount this "off season". Id like to find an over-the-shoulder mount or mount extender. This winter, I'm gonna tech-out my Yak and be ready for next season... at least thats the plan. I've got the 385ci hummingbird fishfinder with GPS, a new Floating 2way handheld marine radio and for Christmas my request was the Go-Pro 960. I just need to figure out the mounting... Any ideas on how to do the over-the-shoulder mount?? I know Scotty has an extender bar/rod for $60 but was looking to keep it Ram like everything else.
                          Tom Brown
                          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I just picked up my new go pro 960 from the Best Buy. I will probably mount it up front in my yak with the yak attack panfish mount. For those that have the gopro and panfish mount, did you have to buy the tripod adapter for the Go pro or does it attach to the panfish mount without getting that?
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

The yakattack Panfish over the shoulder mount is the best I have seen- I have one and highly recommend it. I have the Hero and use the panfish mount with the GoPro tripod adapter.

Comment

Can you guys post pics of how you have your camera mounted?
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X