Opening DAY 4/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening DAY 4/17

Hit up the bay on my friends boat. Was windy and choppy. We trolled around the eastern shore. Ended up with a 36incher. Wasn't a good day for trolling. Talked to DNR while loading the boat on the trailer and he said he only saw 13 fish caught out of all the boaters that pulled in at SPSP.
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Could have been worse, windy and choppy and... skunked! Good job on getting at least one.

You're a better man than I, though. My wife and I were supposed to take one of the power boats on Saturday but I canceled when I saw the wind forecast. Just not comfortable trolling in rough water. Then we thought we'd hit a local lake with the kayaks yesterday but it was colder than Saturday and still windy. So, we nixed that as well. Wound up doing yard projects instead. Needs to be done but not what I wanted to be doing opening day.

Hopefully better weather next weekend.

Comment

It was worse for us! Stupidjet and I went out on opening day and we skunked!

Went out from 7am-3:30pm...totally miserable....thank god for foul weather gear is all I have to say...All I caught was a sunburned face haha

Comment

skunks suck, but i sure did catch a hangover from the after party at the Boatyard Bar and Grill. Eeek.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X