No announcement yet.

Rigging a Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the FF front and center using the mast tube as a mount point. i put a 45 elbow where FF stalk exits deck and i can reach it with my feet on the pedals, though it's kind of a crunch. it would be nice to have the FF 'at hand' on the side, but i'm pretty happy with this setup since i can remove the whole works and use on another hull w/o undoing connections etc.

i hinged the crate top onto the crate with bungee, and mounted the 3 rodholder to it but will probably add a couple hobie padeyes to the hull for bungee'g it to the deck.

i got the hobie brand trolley kit and hope to finish this and some other stuff off this weekend if i get some time. however it works out, i'll try to post pics when im done.

ps - i looked at the eagle, cuda FF/CP online and want to see one in person. maybe cabelas.

Comment

I started rigging the Ugly Duckling fairly early this morning after the rain stopped- Rigged the YakAttack Panfish camera mount, the Ram mounts for the fish finder and the revolution rod holder and the anchor trolley- all done- I mounted the transducer in a a wet well duct seal system and the battery in a dry bag tied to the sail tube-
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-25-2011, 10:06 PM.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

James delivered my care package from YakAttack this morning. We met halfway- Thanks Mytmouse- for everything, including your part in the group order- you can see I mounted the MKF flag on the carbon visipole with a mighty mount on the rear deck of the Outback- looks awesome- can't wait to try everything out now that I have completed the rigging- I have to fly to New Orleans Friday morning and I'll be there all weekend long so this coming weekend is out-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

here's fishfinder installed in outback. wet well is 3" pvc pipe duct sealed to hull behind the mast. the display head is mounted on a 1/2" pvc pipe, and secured in mast with a cotter pin.

the display head removes from kayak and stores in a 3/4" pvc pipe that is mounted to the battery box. the cotter pin is re-used.

then, the whole setup is ready to drop in to the sit-in kayak which has similar wet well, or out to the bat cave to sit on the battery tender.
          Last edited by Southerly; 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

here's hobie anchor trolley installed. 2 things i did different - i installed two anchor line clips, one on each side of the bungee. this is to let the clip be run all the way out to the anchor trolley turning-block at bow, or at stern.

the other thing is the hobie cleat installed in the front screw-in hole.

it helps keep anchor line from riding up.

i forgot to test when i took out yesterday, but i'm also hoping that i'll be able to cleat the trolley line, and be able to raise and lower the anchor w/o bringing it midships. in other words raise it straight up, change spots a little and drop it straight down again w/o bringing the anchor aboard, or letting the boat become anchored broadside during raising.
            Last edited by Southerly; 05-04-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

here's the crate. i bought two wide crates from k-mart. the wide dimension fits neatly in the outback well. i cut the top off one to make a lid, but left some of it so that it's a tray too. might help in carrying stuff. could put a bungee across it to hold a raincoat or something.

i drilled holes on the hinged side and attached the lid with bungees to function as a hinge. actually helps close it, or hold it open due to over-center geometry of the crates' edges.

the rod holders are at a little angle to avoid interference with the lid. and it has a bungee latch, just in case,...
              Last edited by Southerly; 05-04-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Nice job.
                Looking forward to see what you come up with for an outrigger setup for the front holders.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                X