organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• organization?

so how do you guys orginaze your fishing gear? i'm sure most of you do different types of fishing, beit kayak or surf and boat. do you keep all kayak gear in one bag or tackle and surf or boat in another? what about different tackle for soaking, jiggin or trolling?

my stuff right now is a complete mess and all mixed, which takes away from efficiency and time on the water.

i'm guessing the best way is to have seperate bags/boxes/whatever for bait soaking, jiggin, boat, trolling, etc. the problem really happens when you do more than one during a trip..lol

well, if no help, i'm sure i'll figure it out eventually and report my findings...
    sigpic

my crap is all scattered. thats why i can never find anything.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'm in the process of figuring it out right now. I have a bunch of those plastic clear boxes that I try to divide my stuff up into- one for topwater plugs, one for cranks/spoons, one for bucktails/trolling, one for flukes/artificial jigs, and one for terminal tackle like hooks, swivels, lead, etc.

Problem is that ends up being a lot of those clear plastic boxes and can get heavy/could be expensive if I decide to take a swim and they get past my lid. I try to put things now in a single plastic container and one tuperware I use to throw the larger lures in or ones that I've clipped off. It's not the best, but I feel like keeping it simple has to be better.

How do you guys store your large plugs? I picked up some tsunami plugs this weekend on super close out at Dick's in Waldorf. They had the deep diving plugs for $4 and the topwater and shallow diving ones for $3 I think so I grabbed some to try this season.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

i keep my surf and yak stuff separate so if i'm going in the yak i grab the planos for the yak.

i try to keep the yak stuff simple, a few plano boxes with plastics, top water and various bucktails. i also wear a fly vest to keep terminal tackle and necessities handy.

i'm going to dump the revo tackle holder this year it just got in the way when trying to get to stuff inside the yak. to keep every thing from sliding around i put a piece of carpet keeper in side to keep the boxes from moving around.
        Last edited by Grilled; 03-23-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Get a Pro Angler and it is all set up.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
            i keep my surf and yak stuff separate so if i'm going in the yak i grab the planos for the yak.

i try to keep the yak stuff simple, a few plano boxes with plastics, top water and various bucktails. i also wear a fly vest to keep terminal tackle and necessities handy.

i'm going to dump the revo tackle holder this year it just got in the way when trying to get to stuff inside the yak. to keep every thing from sliding around i put a piece of carpet keeper in side to keep the boxes from moving around.

i got rid of the revo tackle holder myself. it wasnt water proof and all my stuff inside ended up rusting. i just use the waterproof plano boxes now.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Mine used to rust too. I drilled holes in the bottom of it, and that seems to have solved the problem. Damn thing's still too small, though.
              Carpe Pisces

Comment

Working...
              X