Concord Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concord Pond

Anyone fish Concord Pond recently? Have never fished there, looks interesting.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Slited in a fair amount now making it relatively shallow in many parts. Reports of nice chain pickerel for the most part. The ramp is located in a poorer and remote area that I have not had an issue at yet, but I am never very comfortable about my vehicle being left there.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, myself and a friend are heading there tomorrow. Appreciate the info.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I had the best luck in last 200 yds of stream before it empties into the main body of the pond.

Comment

Again, thanks for the info. My partner and I are hoping for hookups on the Pickerel.
          John Rentch
          Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Mark Bange and I visited Concord on Tuesday and had a good time. A paved parking lot and an easy launch put us into the large pond. We split, Mark fishing the south shore, me the north shore. Lots of good habitat everywhere. The area near the launch was the deepest (spillway nearby) and got progressively shallow as you traveled east. We both caught Pickerel, plus Mark landed some nice LMB. My biggest pick was 24.5 (personal best). Couldn’t get a picture due to it flopping off my trough before could snap a picture. I was using a Joe Bruce fluke with a 3” white paddle. Tried throwing other things, but they all caught algae or bottom dirt. Was a good day, definitely want to go back.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Thanks for the report. Glad you guys had a good day, congratulations on the PB!

Comment

We had a good day indeed. What a nice pond with great access.

I caught 13 pickerel and 3 bass. I got 8 picks and a bass on the fly -- a white bullethead darter that was shredded.

See here:

P1030451.jpg

But it still worked. Shortly after taking the above photo I hooked this pick with it:

P1030454.jpg

I also caught a bass and several picks on a weedless 3 inch Fat Sam paddletail:

P1030466.jpg

I used a homemade red and white safety pin jig spinner to catch another bass and more picks. I posted a couple of those photos in the thread on that subject the other day. I didn't post this photo because it's not clear, but you may enjoy it:

P1030460.jpg

The fish were aggressive and I think the above photo shows that, even though it is blurry.

Kudos to John on his huge pickerel. My largest could only get within 6 inches of his!
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark - That Pick is giving you "the stinky eye" hahahaha

John - Congrats on the PB!!!
                  Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                  X