X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to tie a better Clouser Minnow?

The gentleman who tied this Clouser Minnow is Joe DeMeo:

Clouser.jpg

It's almost too pretty to use...but I will!

Joe is a charter member of the Free State Fly Fishers, and as you can see, he is an excellent fly tier.

He will be leading our Saturday, March 3rd fly tying session at our Davidsonville clubhouse from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Address: http://fs-ff.com/index.php/clubhouse-location/

Please come if you want to learn to tie perhaps the most effective fly ever created.

Bring your vise and tools. Hooks and materials will be provided by the club.

Or just stop by to say hello and watch others tie.

More info: http://fs-ff.com/index.php/calendar/03-03-18-fly-tying/

I hope to see you there.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Attendees at yesterday's FSFF fly tying session (and there were many) had a real treat.

Joe DeMeo did an excellent job showing us how he ties his Clouser Minnows. He clearly explained and walked us through each step. Plus we had lots of discussion about how to fish them.

FSFF2.jpg FSFF4.jpg

We tied a size 1/0 and then a size 4. Here are the two I made at the session:

Clousers.jpg

Then Joe Bruce followed with helpful tips on choosing the best portions of bucktails for Clousers – the upper edges of the bucktail. He also showed us a different way to add flash to the fly. Joe then demonstrated an alternative method of tying Clousers with all the hair tied on the inside edge of the hook.

FSFF5.jpg

All in all, it was another outstanding tying session led by two talented FSFF members. These sessions provide excellent instruction for experienced as well as beginning fly tiers.

Many thanks to Joe DeMeo and Joe Bruce for graciously sharing their expertise with their fellow club members and guests.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

i use the middle to upper portions of the bucktail. the bottom of bucktail is better for flaring...alot like belly hair. i have caught my best smallies on clousers, even though i tie and fish lots of articulated junk. my best advice...watch this video and when you cut a clump to tie on.....throw away half of it.....sparse is what makes the pattern

__________________________________________________ _________________
      There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more or less solved.
      All the best,Roroundo Diceus
      Last edited by roroundo; 07-18-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X