Out tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out tomorrow

Haven’t been on the kayak since December. Brother in law and I are going to float somewhere tomorrow. Been looking at armistead , saltpeter and Severn river. Anyone have a good lead they would like to give up. Yellow perch or catch and release stripers. And if you want to come and join tomorrow at 6:30.
    Tight lines

Brother in law bailed so no report. Fog was so thick only had 100 foot visibility, pretty sketchy conditions to find your way home. Went to tie fest instead and saw some great stuff.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but hey like they say, better safe then sorry.
      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

When out on the water during extremely dense fog is just plain spooky stuff. I'm not doing that again.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Speaking of fog...

I took these photos of John Rentch and John Veil during a November Severn outing. We were at the mouth of Luce Creek. That's the Severn in the background completely fogged in.

P1000939.jpg P1000940.jpg C.JPG

We had launched into Weems Creek and paddled to the Severn and up to Luce Creek. Then the fog rolled in quickly.

We hugged the shoreline of the Severn to get safely back to the launch site in Weems.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Makes the GPS feature on my 798 Hummingbird essential to get back to launch...and the maps program allows you to stay in shallow water for safety from speed demon boaters running fast in poor visibility...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Speaking of fog...

I took these photos of John Rentch and John Veil during a November Severn outing. We were at the mouth of Luce Creek. That's the Severn in the background completely fogged in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23016[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23017[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23018[/ATTACH]

We had launched into Weems Creek and paddled to the Severn and up to Luce Creek. Then the fog rolled in quickly.

We hugged the shoreline of the Severn to get safely back to the launch site in Weems.
              To keep with the theme of Severn River fog, here is a doctored photo from 2014 that gave rise to a specific Severn location being called the "Fog Bank". The Fog Bank continues to produce.

Aa.jpg
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
              X