Community Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Pond

Decided to hit our community pond today. It gets warmer quicker than other bodies of water due to size and I thought bass might be moving. Saw crayfish activity.

So I tied on a green pumpkin tube bait Texas style with a small egg weight.

As soon as I put that on (I’d started with a stick worm) it was game on. 13 fish in just under 2 hours. I had 18 bites total, so I was really happy with my hookset rate. Fish were holding the bait today and I won’t get this much activity out of the bass in April. Almost every fish came from 2-4’ of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Simply awesome. Wish I wasn't here at work.

Comment

IMG_0680.jpg

It was good to get out!
      This was the first time I have been out since my shoulder surgery, I still can't put a canoe on the car, but at least I can cast a lure at one of the local ponds.
      Last edited by bignose; 02-21-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I replaced my right shoulder 3 1/2 months ago and today was my first “extended” casting session. I was feeling it towards the end, but it was a feeling offset by the bend of the rod.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          I replaced my right shoulder 3 1/2 months ago and today was my first “extended” casting session. I was feeling it towards the end, but it was a feeling offset by the bend of the rod.
          Get warmed up Mike- SMOG days are right around the corner

"Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I am in about the same situation, 3 months post op.

I just look at it as bent pole physical therapy.
            I was sore, but it is a "good" hurt.

Comment

Any pullage this early in the year is good!

As much as I love the yak, I forget my days past of bank fishing and pier fishing. Something about sitting in a folding chair with a huge cooler of adult beverages waiting for the rod to touch its toes... does a body good.

nice to see you get out and enjoy this irregular February warmup
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Glad you got out Stu, give it time, or find some friends to go with-let them do the lifting!
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Sounds like a great day. Glad your shoulder is coming along I'm going to need shoulder replacement but I am putting it off as long as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
                    Glad you got out Stu, give it time, or find some friends to go with-let them do the lifting!
                    Stu -- +1 on that. We're communal lifters. Anytime you want to get out and need a hand, let us know.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                      Sounds like a great day. Glad your shoulder is coming along I'm going to need shoulder replacement but I am putting it off as long as I can.
                      I put mine off as long as I could. I did my left 2 years ago and I have to think hard to remember it’s fake. It was part of a trial group for a new material, pyrocarbon but won’t be available to general population for a couple more years. The right is conventional technology and coming along nicely, but still some spots that hurt when you hit them, needs a few more months to be non-noticeable. When you finally pull the trigger I think you’ll be happy with results.
                      Last edited by Big Mike; 02-25-2018, 08:48 AM.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                        I put mine off as long as I could. I did my left 2 years ago and I have to think hard to remember it’s fake. It was part of a trial group for a new material, pyrocarbon but won’t be available to general population for a couple more years. The right is conventional technology and coming along nicely, but still some spots that hurt when you hit them, needs a few more months to be non-noticeable. When you finally pull the trigger I think you’ll be happy with results.
                        Thanks to science and research...today we have replacement parts like Rock Auto dot com...all the parts you will ever need....lol!!

"Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                        X