President’s Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President’s Day

Planning on a 10-10:30 am launch in the morning at Slavins Launch on Mattawoman Creek- Fred’s Outdoors in Waldorf has frozen alwife for $4.00 a bag if you need cut bait- night crawlers and shrimp work, too...Gotta anchor so if you plan on coming bring your anchor- the creek is pretty well protected from winds, so...not as much a factor as out on the main body of the Potomac...fishing is depending on moving water- I usually fish the outgoing tide- tide should be done around 3 pm..
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Ictalus (Bill) Kevin Fry and I hit Mattawoman this morning at 10:30 am...I ended up with 9. Bill had a bunch.don’t know how many but he caught the first fish of the day...I got an opportunity to really review the BG2500 Diawa and the Lews Mach Speed Stick rod...for a sub $100 reel this is a STEAL...and the rod performed well= biggest fish of the day came on it- lost my tape measure the last trip so no measuments today...posted three FB videos- had three eaters come home with me and six that were released...Kevin fished a different area so I will let Bill and Kevin jump in and tell their fish experience- I will say it was as cold as I have been today- I believed the weatherman and did not wear my under armour...big mistake...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 02-19-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

President’s Day

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      Ictalus (Bill) Kevin Fry and I hit Mattawoman this morning at 10:30 am...I ended up with 9. Bill had a bunch.don’t know how many but he caught the first fish of the day...I got an opportunity to really review the BG2500 Diawa and the Lews Mach Speed Stick rod...for a sub $100 reel this is a STEAL...and the rod performed well - the biggest fish of the day came on it- lost my tape measure the last trip so no measuments today...posted three FB videos- had three eaters come home with me and six that were released...Kevin fished a different area so I will let Bill and Kevin jump in and tell their fish experience- I will say it was as cold as I have been today- I believed the weatherman and did not wear my under armour...big mistake...
      IMG_3681.JPGIMG_3682.JPG
      IMG_3680.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 02-19-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Best monday I've had in awhile ........Let's hear it for Abe and George!....only two cats, they were delicious.

14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Looking good Kevin and we have a Bill sighting!
          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
          2016 Hobie Outback LE
          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Lol.....he is more active than me these days....but I'm working on getting free

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nicely done.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Where was Bill's red hat? haha. Nice going guys. I hope to get out on the water soon.

Comment

Working...
                X