No announcement yet.

Marshall Hall Invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray for warm weather, we hit Unicorn Lake last Thursday, afternoon temps were in the high 60, and this week we're supposed to hit the low 70s! Be prepared to turtle in the conditions you're fishing, Unicorn lake had a max depth of 5' so I was very comfortable fishing in shorts!!!
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeith13 View Post
      I very much wanted to join you out there this past weekend but was not adequately prepared for cold weather yet. I will have the appropriate cold weather gear by the end of this coming weekend so if you or anyone else is going out of Marshall hall or Slavins either of the first two weekends of March for cats, I'd love to tag along and learn. If it helps, I found a local source for fresh and frozen alewife I can bring along. Thanks for the cool pics; looks like it was a lot of fun!
      I'm a teacher and will be on Spring Break the entire week of March 12th-16th, so I'll definitely be going to one of those two spots at some point during the span of the 10th-18th. I just started learning about catfishing this winter from Pat (yakscientist) and am happy to pass on what I know. Maybe we can do a group trip one of those days. It's been a blast learning and battling the slimy monsters.
      Matt
      Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
      2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
      10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Thanks Matt! Unfortunately, those two weekends are out for the exact same reason - Spring Break. My wife would shoot me if I screwed up vacation to catch some cats.
        I'm still learning kayak fishing and have yet to launch from either Marshall hall or Slavins. How was the launching from Marshall hall with the boat ramp/dock closed? Did you fish from the opposite side of the river?
        Mike

2020 Hobie Outback - Camo

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeith13 View Post
          Thanks Matt! Unfortunately, those two weekends are out for the exact same reason - Spring Break. My wife would shoot me if I screwed up vacation to catch some cats.
          I'm still learning kayak fishing and have yet to launch from either Marshall hall or Slavins. How was the launching from Marshall hall with the boat ramp/dock closed? Did you fish from the opposite side of the river?
          No worries at all. We will have a meet and greet too in the future that I'm sure will go after catfish. And if you have some free time, shoot me a message and we can figure it out. My fiance usually gives me one of the two weekend days to head out fishing, so I'm typically out every weekend (at least until she gets sick of it haha).

Marshall Hall was actually "closed" in that there were still people still launching from it with trailers haha From what I saw, there is one crossbeam on the pier that cracked, and it seems they had to shut it down, my guess is as a "CYA". We had no problem launching. Slavins was also very easy. Great launch into calm water.
          Matt
          Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
          2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
          10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

i love fishing marshall hall.....how muddy was it?
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
              i love fishing marshall hall.....how muddy was it?
              Fairly muddy. Not the worst I've seen kayaking, but of the 4x I've fished there, def the worst among them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X