Unicorn Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unicorn Pond

Mark Bange and I hit Unicorn Pond yesterday morning and was joined later by Michael McHottie for our first outing of the 2018 season. We were targeting Pickerel. Water was high, but not to cloudy. Perfect for February, warm, overcast sky and low winds.

2018-02-15 11.33.50.jpg

All three of us landed Pickerel. Mine was on a 1/8 jig with a yellow Mister Twister. This was the first Pickerel since 2/2917 I have landed. Hope they make a return to the Severn soon.

2018-02-15 11.43.39.jpg

Side note: was told by a Fisheries employee that several hundred Rainbow trout were released just below spillway. There were several guys working the shorelines all morning.
    Last edited by J. Rentch; 02-16-2018, 07:12 AM.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Looked like you guys had a good day. I like unicorn lake.

Harry

Comment

Harry,
      Really felt good to be on the water, been a while.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Perfect day to knock the dust off from 2017 - Any day I can fish in February wearing shorts IS A GOOD DAY

John landed 3, Mark landed 2, and I only landed 1, but was the largest amongst us, 19.25"

PS - Mark thanks for the loaner hawg trough to get an accurate measurement!

PPS - Mine was on an 1/8" chartreuse jighead with a clear chartreuse glitter curly grub

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
        X