No announcement yet.

Mattawoman Creek Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice fish! Hopefully Matt and I will get a couple nice keepers on Saturday. Like I said, offers on the table to join us Ron. The offer is of course open to everyone

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=nhunter344;152093]x2

I'll have to pay attention to what species my father in law eats because it stinks.

The more stinky and oily the better. I used to know a guy that would go out for flatheads and use a chunk of soap on his hook, apparently the fish loved the oiliness
      and he always seemed to do well with it. Sometimes the stuff from Lotte and H-mart isn't exactly fresh and the less fresh it is the harder time you have keeping it on your hook. If it's a few days past its prime I'll usually brine it the night before, which helps it stay firm and hold on the hook better.
      Jengles

2017 Vibe Sea Ghost 130 "Saxatilies Specter"

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Only two “eaters” today...mostly big fish..one 38 inch, 40 inch and a 42 inch...one of the “eaters” was about 10-12 pounds...right at my upper limit...made a nice bag of filets...eagles, hawks and buzzards are fighting over the carcasses and the left over bait...
        Good job on those kitties Ron! How long were you out?
        MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
        2016 Hobie Outback LE
        Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
        https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Launched at 8:45 am and drove out of the parking lot headed home at 12:30 pm...I posted a few video clips from yesterday on my FB page...still trying to figure out “how to” on my old IPhone...
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 02-16-2018, 09:44 AM.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
          X