Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those with an anchor Trolley (ESP Yak Attack Trolley)

Yeah, I'm totally fine with swapping out the trolley line ever so often. That's cheap! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Slobber Bob View Post
    I too prefer anchoring off the stern, but if you've ever anchored in spots like the mouth of the bay, seaside creeks, or seaside inlets where you have heavy current, you'll quickly realize that a stern anchor isn't always a safe, smart idea. Hence it's nice to have a bow and stern trolley so you can choose based on conditions.
    Good point. I understand. As I mentioned I rarely anchor. Also, I avoid kayak fishing in areas with strong currents or heavy seas. When I anchor I do so mainly to spot cast with the wind at my back. If it's too rough to do that safely, I'm certainly not attaching my kayak to the bottom from the stern or bow!
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Red Native Ultimate 14.5

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com and via PM

So I went ahead and mounted the pulleys deck side and then ran my paracord down the gun wales. I've got an extra line guide in case that one gets broken and I'm fine with having to replace my paracord. But all in all, I think it looks pretty sharp.

IMG_20180219_071227_736.jpg

IMG_20180219_071239_583.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mytmouse View Post
    So I went ahead and mounted the pulleys deck side and then ran my paracord down the gun wales. I've got an extra line guide in case that one gets broken and I'm fine with having to replace my paracord. But all in all, I think it looks pretty sharp.

Hi Mytmouse,

Do you intend on getting those kayaks slime this year? Where do you plan on fishing since you moved away from the Maryland area?
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

What's up Moc? I'll be focusing on the ES of VA in the Spring and probably the regular haunts during the Summer (Lynnhaven, Rudee, or the CBBT). I'm sure at some point I'll be up in MD fishing, just don't know when!

Quote Originally Posted by mytmouse View Post

Yes, it does!

Craftsmanship looks good, i hope it performs perfectly when you need it.

Jealous of you guys close to rudee, just mapped it, 4.25 hours one way from Baltimore... Its on my bucket list!
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

Thanks guys! I hope it works well too! I'll know soon enough! I still have to install a cam cleat, and I think I'm gonna throw a couple backing plates on my mounts then I'm done with rigging.

I'm not that close to Rudee... It's still a 2 hour ride for me. But that is shorter than 4+! Funny thing is I have yet to hit Rudee. I always end up somewhere else! But it's on the list for sure.